Which body lift?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been trying to decide on which body lift to get. 3" or 2". I have a 98 chevy 1500. With 2" blocks in the rear. And suspensionmaxx torsion keys in the front. I want to clear a 285 on a 16x10. Or possibly a 295. I think 3" may be to much. But I'm not sure. Just want a little more height and tire clearance. Suggestions and reasons why you suggest it. Thanks.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
4x4 truck I will assume? You can clear 285's with just a crank.

That is, of course unless you have aftermarket rims with high offset.

BUT- I would suggest a 3" Body Lift, because cranking hurts your front end and makes it ride rough. (2-3") can't really go wrong either way. With a 3" you can actually run 315 tires if that helps you.

EDIT: just saw that you said 16X10, so I would most certainly suggest the 3" Body Lift. I have a 3" and I had to trim a smidge off of my valence (1/8" inch, haha) to fit my 285 on 16X10 rims because they stick out a bit.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I have after market keys. I just want a little more height. And I'm looking at dc1 16x10 rims.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
After market keys don't matter, they're just as good as stock.

As I said in my edited post above ^^^ I'd go 3", save your front end and give you an ability to go bigger if you wanted to. The picture in my sig is my truck on 285/75/16. The rims are 16X10. Stance would be like that.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
So unless I want 315s 3" body lift is to much. A 2" will be fine.

315's only fit with a block and crank on top of the BL, but it looks really good.

I had to edit what I said because I did not realize that you had such wide rims. 10" in reality is too wide a rim for 285 (coming from a guy who does it himself :uhoh2:) Because the tread width is narrower than the rim itself, therefore the sidewall is much more exposed to rocks/gravel/rubbing. Not good.

If you haven't gotten the rims yet, I would suggest either 8" or get 315/305 tires to pair up with the 10" wide. And keep in mind that as long as you get the 10" you will need a body lift.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
2" would be fine until you decide you wanna go bigger and for the difference in price you might as well go 3"

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both will clear easily, you may have to trim the corner of the bumper a little with the 2" lift, that would be the worst case though.
Here is a 3" on the two tone ext cab and 2" on the ext cab, both with 285's on stock rims
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach