Where can I find this fuel pump assembly with this connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
1992 C1500 5.7 Cant find an assembly with this 4 pin connector. Hanger is in bad shape. Parts stores can't find a full assembly with a single 4 pin connector. Any advice?
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that plug is factory? You might have to cut the connector off your harness and put a metripack connector on.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure that plug is factory? You might have to cut the connector off your harness and put a metripack connector on.
Agreed. I have worked on dozens of these trucks and never seen one like that. I would check another 18" or so above that connector for a 3 pin connector and a ground bolt. The factory units I have seen on 88-95s have the wiring going through a bulkhead connector and the connector down a relatively short length of wire.

Reaction score
Agreed. I have worked on dozens of these trucks and never seen one like that. I would check another 18" or so above that connector for a 3 pin connector and a ground bolt. The factory units I have seen on 88-95s have the wiring going through a bulkhead connector and the connector down a relatively short length of wire.
Found it stashed way under the cab, the OEM 3 pin. I just assumed the harness terminated there because of the ground that came out of the 4 pin male end bolted directly to the frame. Never dawned on me to look further down the line. So with that solved, what the hell does this pump go to then? Oh well. Whatever it goes to it ran my truck for a few years.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that replacement fuel pumps sometimes came with an updated electrical connector.

Seems to me there were problems with the original connectors overheating.

I don't know details--I heard this from other technicians, but never worked with it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The Vortec pumps come with a new connector and a few feet of wire to splice it in. Those are the ones the factory changed the design on; never dealt with a TBI pump so don't know what they have.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a NOS 96 hanger I have. Is this what was upgraded in circle?
You must be registered for see images attach