Wheels for my lowered truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the NBS SS truck wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have the numbers on the actual GM wheels but the copies of them are 20x8.5 +22mm offset, which means they have a little over 5" backspacing.

It's pretty typical of GMT800-newer stuff to have lots of backspacing because they have a slightly wider track.

If you're anywhere near Houston TX I'll be selling a set of chrome ones pretty soon, in excellent shape. The regular SS wheels are painted silver; chrome came on the limited edition Intimidator SS. :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the hub bore work? I think it's like 78.1 mm

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
GMT400 and GMT800 hub bore both 78mm give or take a couple tenths; some call it 78.1, others call it 78.3.

And what I said earlier on that backspacing - the replica of the SS wheel shows +22 offset; that's the one brand - others show +31 which puts the backspacing closer to 5.45"~6". Tough to say who got it right when they copied the factory wheels. I'll have mine off soon to swap on my 22's and can measure them. (picked up a set of 22" transport wheels, already powdercoated gloss black.)

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok and nice. Would like to know which is closer. I'd buy them from yah but ky isn't too close to tx

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I came across some wheels and tires for $300

I think they came off of a Tahoe they are 20's. What size tire would I need to run with a 2/4 drop?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Freaking steal of a deal for those wheels (as in, someone might have lifted them...) Hopefully you won't have any excessive backspacing issues to deal with, or you may end up needing some bolt-on spacers. At least you're already the right bolt pattern so they won't be too expensive if you do end up needing them - check ezaccessory.com for a decent deal on quality spacers.

Tire size, beats me, I usually run more drop. :gr_grin: But I'd say you could probably get away easily with something like a 275/45/20 which is a very common size, sits right at 30" tall and roughly 8.5"~9" wide, if I recall it's the OEM size on the original Ford Harley editions and maybe some others, and it's available in the higher load ratings making it suitable for use on a truck. It's a beefy fit though, here's a set of them on my old Suburban which was running a 2/2 (rear is already lower on a Sub as they sit basically level, so it's comparable to a 2/4 on a truck)

Or if that's just too much tire, go to tire rack's site and look that one up then pick any popular brand/model tire and click "specs" to look down the list for ones that are shorter in height.

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm buying them off of one of my coworkers and he does a lot of buying and trading. He got these on a trade.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think he really knows what he's got honestly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
98 Money Pit