Wheels for my lowered truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at these wheels for my truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

They are a 20x9 and have an 18mm offset. Will they work on my truck. And also what size tire will I be able to run? The truck is lowered 2"F/4"R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Helps if you tell us what your truck is.

Also helps if you tell us what those wheels are, though I can guess from the center cap they're Helo's.

The one you pictured is 6 lug. It also looks like the style of wheel made for lifted trucks, usually don't have good backspacing to fit lowered applications. Since you're only 2/4 drop you can get away with more, but you'll definitely be limited on tire height before you smack the front fender.

18mm offset isn't much for a 9" wheel, but it probably puts you right at the edge of "OK" with a drop.

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 96 C2500 light duty 6 lug. The wheels are helo he835 20x9 with 18mm back spacing. I don't mind to roll the fenders if need be.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the more I look it does look more like a lifted truck wheel. What about these they have a 0 offset though.

Helo He886 20x9

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can tell I've never purchased wheels for a lowered truck so not sure what I can go with

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
0 offset means it's pretty much dead center, so half the width, 4.5" backspacing. Not really enough for a lowered truck. Again, since you're not lowered that much, you can get away with it if you run a short tire - but you'll have a little bit sticking out past the fender edge, which IMO looks lame.

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what would I need? I would like to run a 20. And want a black wheel.

This is my truck. Not lowered yet but I've got the kit.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Yeah the more I look it does look more like a lifted truck wheel. What about these they have a 0 offset though.

Helo He886 20x9

That's a cool looking wheel

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My general rule of thumb on a GMT400 with a 4/6 is 5" absolute bare minimum backspace on an 8.5" wheel; a little more is better - with 5.25"~5.5" and you can run a 30" tire (near stock 1/2 ton 2wd tire height) with no issue, for example a 255/45/20.

For example here's a 20x8.5 wheel with 5.24" backspacing (Boss 338) and 255/45/20 up front

The Centerlines are 20x8.5 with 5.4" backspacing, in this pic the truck has 1" more drop

With that much drop they do rub on sharp dips at speed, but it's at the top of the wheelwell, not the fender lip. They are rolled. In the pic with the 338's the rears are 20x10 with 6" backspace and I rolled the rear lips too, tire is 295/40/20

Richard