Wheels for my lowered truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Djm if you were asking me. Would stock spindles bring the wheel in more? I have been thinking about switching back to a stock knuckle and going to tubular arms since I had to cut the gutters and reinforce my lca's to be able to turn on my 17s.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I finally bought wheels. I bought the Silverado SS wheels and the only trouble I'm having is putting my center caps on the front because the dust cover sticks out to far. Anyone have a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on how much room you need and which dust caps you already have. If it's literally just a couple millimeters, you can try a different dust cap or try very carefully denting it in with a hammer. Some trucks come with the cylinder-shaped cap, others came with a tiny domed one. I've used the domed ones and sometimes needed to dent them, to fit certain wheels. Dorman has the domed ones available though I don't believe they actually show as an application for GMT400's. I also dimpled mine in several spots along the edge to make them fit tighter.

If you need more room than that, a spacer is going to be the only real answer. Slip-on, I wouldn't go more than 1/4" or you start running out of a safe amount of thread engagement for your lug nuts.

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some different dust caps ordered that are supposed to be here around 12. If that doesn't work I'm just gonna go with 1/4" spacers

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, I've got some practically new, quality 1/4" spacers (bottom left) sitting here doing nothing. :D As well as some new 5/16" cast spacers (bottom right) that are OK; I ran the same exact ones on my '94 for a looooong time to help the Centerlines fit. Oh and some brand new 1" bolt-ons...

You must be registered for see images

1/4" $25+ship, 5/16" $15+ship, 1" 50+ship

Richard

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I ended up getting some spacers, gonna put them on this afternoon

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Hmm, I've got some practically new, quality 1/4" spacers (bottom left) sitting here doing nothing. :D As well as some new 5/16" cast spacers (bottom right) that are OK; I ran the same exact ones on my '94 for a looooong time to help the Centerlines fit. Oh and some brand new 1" bolt-ons...

You must be registered for see images

1/4" $25+ship, 5/16" $15+ship, 1" 50+ship

Richard
Interest in the 1/4" spacers. How much for S/H to 78628?