Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my 2" rear spacers had made out of timken steel from wheeladapter.com. The guy machined them while I waited at his shop. This is Fred Goeskes shop of drag race fame. Might be a little pricey, but if you are gonna do it, do it right.

I wouldn't trust my life to cast chinese spacers with questionable hardware in 1,000,000 years.

You must be registered for see images

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are my spacers being custom machined for me on their HAAS CNC mill.

This is the timken metal used to build my spacers.

Jes sayin, if you are gonna do it, do it right. I think a set of 4 runs about $350. 2 will be <$200.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust my life to cast chinese spacers with questionable hardware in 1,000,000 years.

Agreed; cast is junk, but you'll find cast adapters are pretty much a thing of the past. That's like back in the days where they had those adapters to run a Chevy style wheel on a VW bug. Absolute crap.

I haven't seen a cast adapter available for modern applications, I guess they probably do exist, but I haven't personally seen them. The adapters on the market these days are milled from aluminum billet, of course quality and type of the aluminum is important, as well as the hardware used.

Richard

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I'm curious what everyone's opinions are on wheel spacers. I'm running 265/75/16 tires on my stock ride height 4x4 Tahoe. I want more stance but can't lift the truck right now since its my DD. Thinking 1.5" spacers on all 4 wheels. Are they any good? Will they cause alignment problems or front end issues at all? Do they break easily? Will I have a lot of rub or can I trim the valance? Thanks!

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

get 2's you wont regret it 1.5 only gets about even with the wheel wells if that