What's a good air bag helper spring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mud96

Reaction score
I am looking at buying some are bag helper springs for my 96 Sierra 1500 4X4 as I have a camper on it in the summer months and the rear does sag a little with the weight. I see Firestone, Hellwig and Air lift have some decent products. Anyone have good or bad experiences with any of these products, and any brands I am missing? Also, any good on line places to buy these cheaper? Thanks

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
In my opinion Firestone Ride-Rite. I've installed about every type of air bag out there and they are by far my favorite and easy as hell to install. I had them on my old F-350 with a truck camper and it was night/day difference.

You could do overloads... But at least with these - they're just bolt on and ADJUSTABLE. I had mine set up on controls in the cab - which made easy work for leveling my camper side to side if I was on an incline.

You must be registered for see images attach

Champ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also Have Firestone Ride-Rites in my truck, and I completely agree. They seem to work really well!

Aliraza9

Reaction score
I've hauled over a ton a few times with mine, and it's a V6. It doesn't struggle at all. I also keep it out of overdrive and baby it when there's a load in it.????

hemrides

Reaction score
My assumption is you have purchased your air lifts by now...but in case you haven't I installed the Air Lift bags on my 95 Suburban. They work great, don't leak...have had them for 15 yrs without any issues. I don't have a compressor...just put the filler under the rear bumper.

Reaction score
anybody know where to find the full kit from firestone? a link would be helpful, haven't been able to find the full kit ready to go anywhere.