What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

7.3 Are THE powerstroke to get if you get a ford. Anything newer are Ticking time bombs, the 6L, 6.4 and now 6.7. Also for Duramax 's 05+ with the LBZ's are the ones to get. 6.5's are fine and Reliable once you add a few things like a PMD Relocation kit.Not much power but there is some Aftermarket out there.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I'm a Cummins guy at heart, but i'm poor.. . Hate duramax and the 6.0 Powerstroke Only fooled with one 6.2 and one 6.5. As far as reliability and ease to work on, the old IDI 6.9/7. 3 fords are golden. Not a ton of power, but great engines. I would love a reg cab, step side gmt400 SAS nv4500 and diesel. Pipe dreams though.

For now I love my "Black Beast"
1989 k1500 step side, 355 rv cam. 4spd/od. PO was asking $2500.but needed a vehicle more family friendly and that his wife could also drive. After a very fun ;) test drive, I laid out $1500 cash and drove away with no regrets. Some may say that's too much for the truck, but a good running semi rust free truck isn't cheap around here... It's exactly what I wanted; V8, stick shift and 4x4 rc... Being step side is just icing on the cake!

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
1996 C1500 RCLB 5.7L 3.73 G80, 69k miles bought in Jan 2013 for $6000 out the door from a Chevy dealer. Mostly stock except a plastic bed liner and cap that were both removed when I got it home.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Paid $1288 w/ taxes from a dealer for my '92. Found it in a Thrifty Nickel ad actually, even though I had driven by it a couple times when out looking for one.

Day I bought it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Now, somewhere between 12k-15k later (no longer has tow mirrors):

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
7.3 Are THE powerstroke to get if you get a ford. Anything newer are Ticking time bombs, the 6L, 6.4 and now 6.7. Also for Duramax 's 05+ with the LBZ's are the ones to get. 6.5's are fine and Reliable once you add a few things like a PMD Relocation kit.Not much power but there is some Aftermarket out there.

Or take the time to convert it to a mechanical injection pump.
Sent from the middle of nowhere

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
$800 off of C-list, drove to south Jersey with a trailer bring her home!

oodles of money spent and still spending and she looks like this at the moment.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
paid $9000 in August 2011 with 62xxx miles new tires, a wreck, and a move from MN to IL later, now has 71xxx miles

Then

Now

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

6.0 powerstroke would be my dream truck. Theyre great engines if you know what to do to them.