What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao:

Hey, lets try to keep the submissions to a minimum....:lol:

Dont be hatin now :lol:

haha, my turn

my 96, bought in 2007 for 5000 with 246000 miles
You must be registered for see images attach

see build thread for more details of evolution

my 98, bought in 09 for 5000 as well with 213000 miles

nothing done but led tails, more of a dd, but may get more done too it before long if i don't sell it

and finally, my 2000 dually for 7800 with 204000

all I've done cosmetically is polish the wheels and put smoked cab lights on

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
To much judging by this thread :nono:
Ahhh, well, maybe.
I figure that it's all relative.
Super low mileage. Exceptionally clean. Original paint. Original owner. One year only color. Super well maintained.
At the time, our $ was about $.85 U.S. Other trucks in that price range around here were rust-bucket beaters. And the 6 gets me 24-28 MPG. (Imperial gallon. U.S. gallon = 1/5 smaller)
And the price was about equal to 7 days of my wages!
To me, it was a good deal!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
At time of purchase: 98 k2500, 6.5 turbo diesel, 400,000 kms.

Pics at PO house:

4x4 didn't work (quick fix with soldering iron but he didn't know that), turbo didn't build much boost (50 dollar wastegate solenoid fixed that), every panel had a scratch or significant dent, roof had a huge dent in it where a snow goose hit it, windshield was cracked and the interior stunk to high heaven and was mostly wasted (he had been using it as a duck hunting truck and his chocolate lab rode inside with him no matter what he had run through)

But it was an 8600 gvwr truck and had all the good stuff. Bed-linered also. Plus, it was a Vancouver Island truck and was essentially rust free for a Canadian Vehicle (little bit in door pinch seams).

The diesel puffed oil smoke from the dipstick, but i stupidly convinced myself that was a bad CDR valve and not the rings. That would come back to bite me later on.....

Guy wanted 7500. Wife didn't like or want it. I believe "hated it, it hurt her ears, it stunk and it was a piece of crap" was her exact comment.

This was the second time I'd taken it for a drive so i said lets just give him a lowball offer and we could walk away. So she said not a penny over 5000 thinking the guy would get insulted and just say no. He should right? That's only 2/3 of what he's asking.....

He bargained down to as much as he could and finally gave in at 5000.

Wife was stunned and slowly said we would go to the bank and get a cheque. We were kind of hemmed in at that point. I mean, what do you say at that point? No thanks, we didn't want it anyways....

She was not happy at all. I was jumping around (figuratively) like a 5 year old on christmas eve.

In retrospect, I should have listened to the wife and run away as fast as i could. I'm now into it for around $18,000.....massive piece of crap and a serious money pit. It's only now coming around to what I would consider "acceptable" as a daily driver/tow vehicle.

I could have had a very nice Duramax/Allison, Superduty (a personal favorite) or Crummins by now.

:mad:

If i could get out of it clean it would be gone in a flash. But no one is going to pay 15-18,000 for a 98 GMC, even if it does have a new Optimizer engine....

Double :mad:

Last edited:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
At time of purchase: 98 k2500, 6.5 turbo diesel, 400,000 kms.

Pics at PO house:

4x4 didn't work (quick fix with soldering iron but he didn't know that), turbo didn't build much boost (50 dollar wastegate solenoid fixed that), every panel had a scratch or significant dent, roof had a huge dent in it where a snow goose hit it, windshield was cracked and the interior stunk to high heaven and was mostly wasted (he had been using it as a duck hunting truck and his chocolate lab rode inside with him no matter what he had run through)

But it was an 8600 gvwr truck and had all the good stuff. Bed-linered also. Plus, it was a Vancouver Island truck and was essentially rust free for a Canadian Vehicle (little bit in door pinch seams).

The diesel puffed oil smoke from the dipstick, but i stupidly convinced myself that was a bad CDR valve and not the rings. That would come back to bite me later on.....

Guy wanted 7500. Wife didn't like or want it. I believe "hated it, it hurt her ears, it stunk and it was a piece of crap" was her exact comment.

This was the second time I'd taken it for a drive so i said lets just give him a lowball offer and we could walk away. So she said not a penny over 5000 thinking the guy would get insulted and just say no. He should right? That's only 2/3 of what he's asking.....

He bargained down to as much as he could and finally gave in at 5000.

Wife was stunned and slowly said we would go to the bank and get a cheque. We were kind of hemmed in at that point. I mean, what do you say at that point? No thanks, we didn't want it anyways....

She was not happy at all. I was jumping around (figuratively) like a 5 year old on christmas eve.

In retrospect, I should have listened to the wife and run away as fast as i could. I'm now into it for around $18,000.....massive piece of crap and a serious money pit. It's only now coming around to what I would consider "acceptable" as a daily driver/tow vehicle.

I could have had a very nice Duramax/Allison, Superduty (a personal favorite) or Crummins by now.

:mad:

If i could get out of it clean it would be gone in a flash. But no one is going to pay 15-18,000 for a 98 GMC, even if it does have a new Optimizer engine....

Double :mad:

Ouch.... someday I'd like to play with a diesel, but you're making me want to avoid the 6.5 :)

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Traded an 85 Mustang GT for it, had full boltons minus heads and intake needed to be painted was in primer, kinda regret it tho could have been a nice car had no rust either

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2