What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
paid 1000 dollars for it 110xxx miles, the day it came home....

You must be registered for see images attach

and as of now :evil:

sent from the c1500 Denali

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Oddly enough both of my trucks were found on Autotrader. I found the 97 GMC while I was in Afghanistan in 2011. It had been traded in to a GMC dealer in TN w/ 133k on it. Paid $6,500.

Dad drove down from Illinois and picked it up:

Before it left and went to heaven:

Hey Josh...how did you get your CC :hidesbehindsofa:

My 99 CC was also found on Autotrader up in Seattle. After discussions on price for about a week I decided to fly up from Tucson one morning to look and drove it home that afternoon. 87k on the clock. Paid $11,500 for it.

Day I picked it up:

Only thing I've done (so far) is tint the windows. Cosmetic changes coming when I get home.

Last edited:

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Bought my 91 rcsb 350 5 spd for 1400
Traded it to my cuz for the 93 in my sig.
Sold it for 4000. Bought a yota an hated it. Traded it for a 95 ecsb. Traded it for my 93 back. It committed suicide so I sold it again for 1500. Lol. Bought a 84 k10 for 2200 loved it but missed havin a ext cab so sold it for 3000 an bought my current 92 for 3500

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought her in 2009 with 197k miles for $700.

And currently has 219k miles:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Paid $8500.00 for my black '98 ten years ago. Low miles, no rust, original paint. Woman driven, although that didn't mean a thing! A few scuffs & scrapes, but well maintained with records. Knew what I wanted, & what I wanted to do to it. Had suspension parts stashed in my parts pile, even before I had bought the truck. I'd already looked @ 10+ RCSB's. It was the best mechanically.
Three years ago...
My 'blue '97 I didn't go looking for. But I was looking for a 2nd vehicle, as by this time my '98 had been 4/7 lowered & it was a snow plow in the winter. The owner of the '97 had seen my '98 & asked if I was interested in another truck. Lookin's free, so why not?
It was in an underground parking lot with a cover. Original owner. He had bought it before he got married. First vehicle he had bought new. He had gone through a divorce, & it was too small for him & 3 boys, 7-11 years old. He had bought an SUV, but couldn't bring himself to sell the truck.
So it had sat for over 3 years. Started it once a week. Drove it around the underground for an hour, once a month. Had the oil changed every 4 or 5 months while it sat. Waxed it 2x a year during this time. Had had a cover since day one.
Every penny spent on the truck was at the dealership it was originally purchased from. From a light bulb, to a new clutch, tires, oil changes, brakes, alignments. You name it, it was done there!
When he pulled back the cover, I nearly pissed myself. I HAD to have it! Just clean, clean, clean!
Asked how much?
$5000.00!
Nope, sorry. Ain't paying that for a second truck! I started walking away. Didn't get 20 paces, & the owner says...$4000.00?
I didn't hesitate. I turned around & countered with, $2500.00(!)
Owner says "Ouch!" (Big sigh!) "How 'bout $3000.00?"
I came back with, "I'll meet you in the middle. $2750.00 (!).....................& a case of beer!"
Owner quietly says, "Make it 2!"
SOLD!
Had 80,000 kilometres. (50,000 miles) Now has 125,000. (About 73,000 miles)
One of the nicest, most reliable vehicles that I've ever owned. And I've had a bunch! I'd drive it across the country tomorrow! After an oil change, of course!