What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If I've learned anything it's that LMC is expensive. Either you pay a ton for the parts or they make up for it in shipping.

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit
Exactly only thing lac is good for is info imo haha they're WAY over priced

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
There are some one of a kind parts that are worth the coin like the dome light clear diffused lens cover to match your maps and I'm sure there are others like bumpers but I was looking at fenders and they were $75ish. Not bad for a brand new OEM fender. So I added them to my cart. Shipping was a whopping $175 each. Holy sheit! That's $250 per side! Before paint and labor! No thank you! I'll go to rock auto and get them both new certified to fit for the price of one.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Paid one grand. Perfect besides paint.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my first Chevy a few days ago. For my current price range, I was stuck looking at late 90s pick ups, which isn't a bad thing. I don't care what brand a vehicle is, as long as it's the best brand during that time period. So since I couldn't stand the way the late 90s fords looks and how junky the dodge's are, I went with Chevy.

Picked up this 98 K1500 Silverado z71 for $3500.
You must be registered for see images attach

So far I've changed the engine and transmission fluids/filters, both axle's gear oil, changed the fuel filter, new air filter, greased the front end zerk fittings, washed and waxed, glued a broken part back together on the console, replaced tailgate handle bezel, greased door hinges/tailgate hinges, and then I removed the plastic bedliner.

When I removed the bedliner I found this little surprise:

At first I thought the PO had cut a hole to service the fuel pump, but then I realized it was this:

My plans are to have the interior detailed as it's pretty dirty and smells faintly of cigs, spray in bed liner, new tires and fix whatever is squeaky as hell in the front suspension. I think some bushings are all worn out or something.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
$200.00 sight unseen. Charged the battery, reattached the coil wire and reinstalled the Injector fuse, turned the key and drove. Truck had been disabled in the fall of 2013 to keep a fellow whom was taking very strong prescription pain reliever for his broken back from driving when he did not need to be. Sadly he died some months later.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I just got my first Chevy a few days ago. For my current price range, I was stuck looking at late 90s pick ups, which isn't a bad thing. I don't care what brand a vehicle is, as long as it's the best brand during that time period. So since I couldn't stand the way the late 90s fords looks and how junky the dodge's are, I went with Chevy.

Picked up this 98 K1500 Silverado z71 for $3500.

So far I've changed the engine and transmission fluids/filters, both axle's gear oil, changed the fuel filter, new air filter, greased the front end zerk fittings, washed and waxed, glued a broken part back together on the console, replaced tailgate handle bezel, greased door hinges/tailgate hinges, and then I removed the plastic bedliner.

When I removed the bedliner I found this little surprise:

At first I thought the PO had cut a hole to service the fuel pump, but then I realized it was this:

My plans are to have the interior detailed as it's pretty dirty and smells faintly of cigs, spray in bed liner, new tires and fix whatever is squeaky as hell in the front suspension. I think some bushings are all worn out or something.
That thing looks nice!!! Great job on the maintenance to start your ownership! Synthetics I hope (that's a whole different thread/debate) love the plans too. Oddly enough the ladder rack actually seems to work on this truck instead of being an ugly add on. We don't have enough nice work trucks on this forum. Hope she treats you as well ad you've treated her so far.
$200.00 sight unseen. Charged the battery, reattached the coil wire and reinstalled the Injector fuse, turned the key and drove. Truck had been disabled in the fall of 2013 to keep a fellow whom was taking very strong prescription pain reliever for his broken back from driving when he did not need to be. Sadly he died some months later.
Hell I would a gone for it. For $200 it would have been worth it even if it wasn't worth fixing. You could scrap it and still make money.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Both run and drive and have immaculate interiors

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That thing looks nice!!! Great job on the maintenance to start your ownership! Synthetics I hope (that's a whole different thread/debate) love the plans too. Oddly enough the ladder rack actually seems to work on this truck instead of being an ugly add on. We don't have enough nice work trucks on this forum. Hope she treats you as well ad you've treated her so far.

I was going to take the lumber rack off and sell it, but it has grown on me. The plan now is to take it off, clean it up and paint it. Then I'll put it back on. Being able to carry a couple dirt bikes plus some kyaks or canoes on the rack is something I'd like to be able to do, looks be damned.

As for the oils, I sprung for synthetic in the engine, but standard oils in the rest. I frequently check and change the fluids in my Jeeps, and this truck will be no exception.

e. I also found out it has the 14 bolt rear end. Sweet.

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Taylor. You need to ship one of your insane 400 finds up here.

Mudgopher, you have a solid plan with that ladder rack. Definitely keep it! Especially if you can make it nice again as well as putting it to good use.

sent from a likely flagged LG tablet