What would cause my hoe to squat on one side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed today, on level ground that my Tahoe is definitely squatting lower on the passenger side. Any ideas? It just got a front end alignment and they said they didnt see anything out of the ordinary ...

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the squat significant? It could be the driver side normally sits slightly higher so that driver weight creates a balance. I know they do that with sports cars...

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Quit dating fat chicks! Have you checked it on perfectly level ground? Check the fender heights at all 4 and tell us what the numbers read.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i agree with Butch and dont think you were on level ground. i know the back will sag down after awhile when the leaf springs get tired. so it could be that your carrying a lot of weight on the passenger side

katkatcher#1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at your torsion bar bolts and measure from the key to the top of the bolt. most likely the right side has loosend up just a little. you should be able to turn it up and level it up for the most part. you also should check to see if you have any leafs broken in your spring pack.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of people call it Chevy Lean. Its tough to get your truck to sit perfectly level. Your tbars might need adjusting, your leaf springs might be wearing out or you may have an uneven load inside the vehicle. (This includes gasoline.)

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
A lot of people call it Chevy Lean. Its tough to get your truck to sit perfectly level. Your tbars might need adjusting, your leaf springs might be wearing out or you may have an uneven load inside the vehicle. (This includes gasoline.)

sorry mike, but your wrong in this one, true there is chevy lean, but chevy lean is due to the gas tank being on the drivers side. his is different for 2 reasons, 1, he has a hoe/Yukon, they have the tank in the back in the middle of the frame, eliminating chavy lean, and 2, his passenger side is lower, so the opposite of chevy lean

as suggested make sure your on level ground and check your frame heights, if in fact that side is low, you can adjust your torsion bars and hopefully correct it. if its less then 3/4 of a inch, i wouldn't worry about it to much

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah forgot about their gas tank but still its springs or tbars or even sagging body mounts/bushings.

Basically mess with the tbars if you want to (but then you need an alignment) but other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it.

95slowhoe

Reaction score
actually you guys are wrong 4dr tahoes have the gas tank on the drivers side and mine squats a little on the drivers side