What to do with exhuast piping after glasspacks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically once I get the thrush glasspacks installed this week I have the choice of leaving my tailpipe like how it is right now coming out straight back
You must be registered for see images attach

Or I can weld off the pipe right after the back axel to where it points out towards the edges of the bumper but is still under the truck a good 16 inches from the edges. If I do that I plan on getting 2 18 inch long, 3.5 big rolled edge tips.

The second choice looks meaner to me and taking out that one bend an extra pipe should be louder right?
Any suggestions will help but I'm stuck on either of the two.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Scrap the glass pack, and scrap a hideous tips. Get a thrush welded, dump it with a dual wall angle cut tip right behind the rear axle.

You asked for my opinion, and that's what I'd do. Glasspacks sound like poopoo on small blocks.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a glasspack on mine (it was on when i got it) i hate it btw haha

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already bought the glasspacks and I have heard a bunch with both setups on the same truck as me and I like it. It's all about the setup pretty much.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck also had glass packs when I bought it, sounded like crap too. I put on a welded muffler with 3" tail pipe and it sounds awesome!

I've been meaning to get some video of the exhaust sound for a couple of weeks now but it's been cold, will try tomorrow

CDHenry6

Reaction score
Marshfield, WI. Born and raised in Central PA.
Mine has what lok like glasspacks on it and it sounds ok , but as soon as it gets warmer I'm cutting of the cat. It's funny hearing a 262 V6 with glasspacks . . . by the way , these were already on the truck when I bought it.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I got long tubes, no cats, dual dumped flowmaster 10s, no turn downs, open mufflers before rear axle, sounds fkin awesome.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got long tubes, no cats, dual dumped flowmaster 10s, no turn downs, open mufflers before rear axle, sounds fkin awesome.

Haha heck yeah I'm all for Flowmaster 10s I just don't have the money. But I hear imco makes good single chamber mufflers.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck also had glass packs when I bought it, sounded like crap too. I put on a welded muffler with 3" tail pipe and it sounds awesome!

I've been meaning to get some video of the exhaust sound for a couple of weeks now but it's been cold, will try tomorrow

Here is my new exhaust that i finally took a video of. stock manifolds to stock y pipe to new 2.5" pipe into a thrush welded chambered muffler, 3" in 3" out to a 3" muffler. No cat converter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgO12U1PvRU&feature=youtu.be