What size tires are you running and what drop...Please post picture!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hideintire

Reaction score
Hello! I am looking for input on tire size and drop height. I had a '91 RCSB with 3/4 drop and 265/50/16 & 295/50/16 on 16x9 Corvette optioned gold-laced rims (circa 1986! Looked just like third-gen GTA rims). I sold it years ago and have missed it ever since! Well, I finally got around to buying a replacement, a '96 RCSB. I had planned to do the same drop, but want to change the rims. But the more I look and think, lower would be nice! I need a useable work truck, but it needs to look good. (I have a Duramax when I need to move cows!)

But , back to my request....

Will you gentlemen and ladies please post pictures (preferable side shot) of your lowered trucks with how much drop and what size tires you are running? I would be mighty GRATEFUL! I'm an old fart and I like my tire to fill up the wheel wells, without overfilling the wheel wells. Does that make sense???? That said I have a set of 18x9 Mach 1 rims that I think would look good, but finding a tire around 27-28" is hard to come by...So I would like to see what different size tires look like compared to different size drops.

And to head off a bunch of post...I am BLESSED (headaches and all!) to own an industrial machine shop...yes, 4.75" BC Corvette rims required spacers to fit. And yes, I will have to redrill or make spacers for the 4.5" BC Mach 1 rims.

Again, Thanks for your help!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

1990 chevy, 5/7 :)

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish now i'd gone with the 5/7, instead of the 4/6 but my truck is a 4 seasons cruiser/ work truck. I wanted to make sure is was still functional but oh well could be another excuse for another toy.

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Was told 4/6 on the kit I bought on Kijiji, I think the front is lower however.

255/35r22s on the front, 285/45r22s on the rear. Old pic but only side one I have right now!

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Front: 255/30/22
Rears: 295/30/22
Belltech 4/5 The rear has custom fab'd lift shackles
Front and rears are almost exactly the same as the stock overall diameter, and my speedo is dead on.... At least until I regear the rearend. Most likely going to a 4:11 ring and pinion.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the upside down pics, I have no idea why it does that or how to correct it.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
3/5.75 drop on stock wheels with 235/75/15 tires

Sent from my static android

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score

4/6 with rear helper bags holding the rear up just a tiny bit.

this below is my rear helper bags. from 0-100psi shows the lift

front bagged laying front tire hard on inner fender ;) still 6inch rear drop zero PSI in helper bags.

and new wheels and tires 20s. 245-50-20 front bagged and rear still just 6inch drop with helper bags

i really like the 245-50-20s they decently beefy. look good IMO before they had 245-40-20 and IMO they where way to small!

the front was the tiny ones. rear was the larger tire. bigger tires fill the arches up much nicer!