What muffler/exhaust system are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverstang84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey. I have a single cab Dually long bed and I'd like to upgrade the muffler for better sound and a little better gas mileage.. I'd like to go with a bullet or glass pack style muffler because is the least restrictive... pretty much straight through. I was lookin up under the truck and noticed the muffler is 2 in 1 out.. So that may mean I have to get a chambered style muffler instead of a straight through design... So, what are you guys running?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 single in single out flomasters, if I had to guess I'd say 2 1/4 in/out. Can't hear it at all while driving, sounds good when my wife pulls out the driveway though.

Don't know what it did for fuel mileage, came on truck.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
No cats, 2 single super 10 flowmasters. true duals with 4x24 inch tips. sounds good, not just deafening but sounds mean, it has just a little pop to it just as you approach WOT. VERY deep exhaust note.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
You can have a y pipe made or purchase one cheap to to fit one single muffler. A muffler shop shouldn't charge more than $70 installed for a single glasspack like that. (Including the cost of the glasspack)

Silverstang84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I for got to mention. It's a 97 Chevy Dually single cab long bed with a 5.7 vortec.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Straight pipe with magnaflow cat.

and yes, my neighborhood most likely hates me

Silverstang84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I could do that. But my neihbors would paint ball my truck every day if it was that loud. Lol

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have a 3" Dynomax cat back system. Love the sound, quiet enough at idle, but gives a throaty sound when you get on it.