What is 'louder'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Im getting used to it, but It makes me mad when I hear these stock 5.7s driving around with that loud aggressive flowmaster sound to it.. I want that.

Perhaps cutting off the flo-pros and getting a dual flowmaster 10s with either open outlet or turn downs.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im getting used to it, but It makes me mad when I hear these stock 5.7s driving around with that loud aggressive flowmaster sound to it.. I want that.

Perhaps cutting off the flo-pros and getting a dual flowmaster 10s with either open outlet or turn downs.

Get a glasspack man! With almost any chambered muffler your going to have the same delima. Just get like a 18" or so case length glass pack and I would guess you'd be happier with that then any other set up you've had so far!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Get a glasspack man! With almost any chambered muffler your going to have the same delima. Just get like a 18" or so case length glass pack and I would guess you'd be happier with that then any other set up you've had so far!

I had true dual dumped glasspacks, the thrush red hots, they were awful, I heated them up till they were 'red hot' with a torch, threw them in a snow bank then hit them both with a really big hammer, then mounted them back on my truck, still hated them. They are currently painted white in my garage :lol:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
That sounds like ass, and getting a 5.7 chevy to sound like a 4.6 ford is gonna be extremely hard to do.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
That sounds like ass, and getting a 5.7 chevy to sound like a 4.6 ford is gonna be extremely hard to do.

Why even post that?

2 things wrong with it. 1, I just said I want my truck to have that sound, so obviously I like it, 2, you would never know that was a 4.6 ford if you didn't see the truck.

Luke(MI)

Blow Smoke
Reaction score
Why even post that?

2 things wrong with it. 1, I just said I want my truck to have that sound, so obviously I like it, 2, you would never know that was a 4.6 ford if you didn't see the truck.

Sounds like straight pipes with the cat. My old dodge 5.9 sounded exactly and I mean EXACTLY like that.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Why even post that?

Because it is my opinion.

1. Did your truck not sound like that when you cut your stock muffler off? Mine did and I hated it.
2. But I did and you want your truck to sound "exactly" like that truck so your gonna have to drop the ford 4.6 in.

He also has lt's so it is gonna be hard to do with stock manifolds.

Plus let's be honest here it kind of sounds like the truck is gonna die every time he revs the motor.

Maybe the truck sounds badass in person but who knows because the video was shot with an iphone and youtube videos never sound like the truck actually sounds.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
THIS is exactly what I want my truck to sound like, to the damn T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLj6NqmyBaM

Sounds like the classic ford dead spot since they changed to those finicky ecm's in the early 90's. Since every engine is going to sound different in different rides, including the 5.7's, different length pipes, different diameters, different bends, etc and so on. Your best bet will be to just experiment with different bolt-on/clamp-on setups until you get that sound ya want. If you were more interested in power output and efficiency, it would be a lot easier to just get a tuned exhaust for it, but on a stock engine, it's a bit of a waste of money. Like I said, keep experimenting until you find what you like. The primary difference between that 4.6 and the 5.7 is going to be the firing order, but that can be fixed with long primaries tied together into 2 sets of collectors matching the left/right banks of the 4.6 so that your left and right collectors are matching the exhaust outputs of the 4.6, and if you do the work yourself, it's not that pricey, just lookup exhaust durations of the 4.6 and run your primaries so the 5.7 matches the output of the 4.6's exhaust notes. It's definitely fun playing with primaries :crazy: