What do you guys think for this 2wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
And Im not sure if we can legally drive them between provinces, but in order to get it registered and if its from out of province, theres an out of province inspection that is needed. Not sure if its like a normal safety or more intricate. Never had them done before

Regardless of his high price, cant deny its a pretty good lookin GMT400.
I bought a 2012 Silverado brand new in Saskatchewan while I was working there, I'm from Ontario.
I plated it there with Saskatchewan plates, paid their tax (lower then Ontario's), drove it for the remaining 2 months I worked there, drove it home (through the states), and then had it registered in Ontario. Had to have ownership, ontario safety check, emission tested, weighed and proof of Insurance. Not sure why I had to weigh it or E-test a brand new truck (it's Ontaribble is a likely reason) and it flew through the safety as it only had 4k on it.

If you can plate it in the province it's from with their plates it is easier. And cheaper depending on the provinces tax situation...

Here’s what you need to register and out of province vehicle in Alberta...

1. Out of Province Vehicle Inspection Certificate – all vehicles coming into Alberta need one, unless it qualifies for an exemption. Find out which vehicles can be exempt from a vehicle inspection.
  2. Proof of vehicle ownership, such as the bill of sale (pdf) or lease agreement from a factory authorized dealer in the name of the person requesting the exemption. To view this Government of Alberta form in Chrome or Safari, save the PDF (right mouse click and Save Link As) and then open it in Acrobat.
  3. Proof of an Alberta address.
  4. Valid Alberta auto insurance.
  5. Photo ID.
  6. AMA/CAA/AAA membership card

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Despite the lower mileage, that's far too much for a used 2wd. A dealership wouldn't even want that on a trade, they might give the guy $ 500 for it, at least in my area, then they would turn around and dump it the same day at a used car lot for $ 1500.
That's for sure, I work at a dealership, and just about anything old they see absolutely no value in. The last two cars I bought from them was a 1991 Isuzu Amigo convertible for $200, and the truck that Dylan1991_1500 has for $500 Definitely worth way more than that.