what causes this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wait a damn second, your gonna replace the master cylinder and ride around with only front brakes, FOR A YEAR!

:hahano: :nutkick: Dude, riding around with only 2 brakes is only acceptable if youre on a MOTORCYCLE. Either fix it or walk before you kill someone man. Hell, buy used if you have to or sell an amp or 3.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Dude, your a fvcking idiot, all there is to it.

Sell one of your god damn fancy ass sundown amps, and buy some fvcking brake lines before you KILL SOMEONE or YOURSELF.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While you are on your walk, pick up some steel lines and flaring tool. Both can be had cheap. Spend an hour on youtube learning how to make a double flare.

It's a cheap and easy thing to do.

Yes, we were and are still hard on you, but it's for a reason. If your brake lines are rusted then there is a good chance your ebrake cable is probably stretched as well. Even if your ebrake does work, if you hit it at high speed your gonna wreck.

When I was 16 I had a bronco II with a stick in it. I had just gotten it about two weeks and I had to replace all the brake lines. Rather than doing it myself or bringing it to a shop, I brought it to a buddies uncle. A couple days later I was making a right turn on a rainy day, I hit the brakes and nothing, pedal went right to the floor. I stomped the ebrake, nothing.

Took the corner at about 25mph, fishtailed through the corner, over-corrected and went right toward the line of cars waiting at the light. I dropped it into first but it was too late. Heading right for a lexus (I didn't have insurance because I was just using it to get to the car lots) the only thing I could do was aim for a ****** old van and gas it. I managed to kick the back end around enough and went over the concrete median and clipped the rear of the van. This was the day I put a down payment on my sierra.

I got lucky, the guy was either a drug dealer, or a heavy user because he looked all coked out and freaked when the cops arrived. It only cost me $300 to pay the guy off, with no police involvement.

I limped the truck home because I was only a few miles away, there was nothing physically wrong with the brakes, I bled the holy hey outta all the lines and the brakes came back.

All this happened because of air in the lines (pretty sure).

I hope this helps you understand the seriousness of your situation and helps you understand the flak you have been taking for your crimped line.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys are dumbasses if you think back brakes are that important yes i think they need to be replaced as well but its not a life and death situation i have driven the truck for over 4 months with no rear brakes and never had an issue till now there is no noticeable difference the only thing the rear brakes do is keep the rear from wobbling under heavy braking why do you think the part of the res is so small for the rear and also why do you think they only put discs on the front... because that is where the load is im not saying you arent right im saying chill the **** out i will be fine and so will everyone else on the road

and no i wont be driving like that for a year dumbass 6-7 months tops

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys are dumbasses if you think back brakes are that important yes i think they need to be replaced as well but its not a life and death situation i have driven the truck for over 4 months with no rear brakes and never had an issue till now there is no noticeable difference the only thing the rear brakes do is keep the rear from wobbling under heavy braking why do you think the part of the res is so small for the rear and also why do you think they only put discs on the front... because that is where the load is im not saying you arent right im saying chill the **** out i will be fine and so will everyone else on the road

70/30 split on a vehicle that has ****** brakes in the first place.

I wish I didn't have to share the road with dumbasses like you.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

Hey, fvcktard, 88-98's have ****** brakes to begin with, and your rolling around in a 5000LB truck and depending on a single piston caliper on each side to stop you, Get the **** off your ass, and spend the $50 on some line and FIX YOUR TRUCK.

Thing is, IT IS A FVCKING LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION, and the sad part is WHEN you crash, your gonna take someone elses life.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Don't be calling the guys looking out for your safety and the safety of other motorists 'dumbasses'. The only dumbass here is the guy that pours power steering fluid in his master cylinder and crimps his brake lines because hes to cheap to pay a little coin to get things safe, instead of showing off loud music (which pedestrians, and other drivers dont give a **** to hear anyways). Audio equipment is the last thing on any smart person list of 'things to do to the truck' especially to make it road safe.

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I sure hope you don't get in a wreck with someone. If you think 40 bucks for some line and a flaring tool from Harbor Freight is expensive, wait until you find out how much a law suit will be, especially now that you've been on the internet admitting to purposely driving with faulty brakes. You'll most likely be paying for that for years. Hell, if you lived near me, I'd be more than happy to flare some lines for you. I'm sure others here would too, rather than see anything bad happen to you or someone else.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've noticed that you have not listed in your profile what state or province your in, nor is there a pic of the death-trap you're driving. I want to know this. Looking in my rear-view & seeing you in that POS would be the equivilent of seeing the Grim Reaper. (Shiver!!!) I want to know, so that I can get the hell out the way. Vehicles have brakes on ALL 4 corners for a reason. What you are doing, or planning to do, is not only STUPID, but, ILLEGAL! The same as driving impaired! Your ability to safely operate that vehicle is severely comprimised. You have a responsibilty to everyone else on the road to follow the rules & laws of the road. For a reason. What makes you think that you are so far above the law, or that you know better than the engineers that designed the vehicle?
C'mon, your 21 years old. You may THINK that you know better than everyone else here, but you're the ONLY one that thinks that. Calling us dumbasses illustrates that point. There are many people here that are younger than you that have much more common sense, and they got that by stopping & listening to the people with experience. Have you stopped to think about the combined years of experience & knowledge that is available to you, free for the asking, on this forum? NOT ONE PERSON HERE HAS AGREED with your repair methods, or the choice you've made to endanger every single person on the road that is within your trajectory. That includes pedestrians, cyclists, & kids in schoolyards. You & that POS your driving, is a disaster looking for a place to happen. Yet, you STILL have the audacity the defend your actions. Ingnoance is NOT bliss. It is uneducated stupidity. Some here have tried to educate you, yet you turn a blind eye, defend your deathiy foolishness, and then call names. That's NOT why I came to this forum. I'm here to learn & maybe to pass on what knowledge that I have, which may be of some help to other people that WANT TO LEARN!
I challenge you to post your original statements on any other forum. GMFS, FSC, etc, and see what kind of reaction that gets over there. You think we're dumbasses? The hatred leveled at you from those forums will melt your computer! Maybe then you might figure out that what your doing is stupid, dangerous & illegal. Time to pull your head out of your ass. You are WRONG. Knowledge & experience will prove this. STOP DRIVING THAT PIECE OF **** NOW! I mean RIGHT NOW! What more is it going to take to get that through your thick skull? Get it FIXED!

and no i wont be driving like that for a year dumbass 6-7 months tops[/QUOTE]