what causes this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could something like that happen over night cause yesterday it was fine

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless your brake fluid really hated up I cant see how that happens. Either heat or you have some serious contamination of the brake fluid.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I have never seen that in my life. I don't think the brake fluid could do that. It would have to get extremely hot to melt the top like that.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry for the bad quality its at night and i just noticed it

its like melted and yesterday when i added brake fluid it was just fine
You must be registered for see images

so is it melted or sucked down in there? min looked something like that b4 but it was sucked down in there

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought it was sucked down too but when i went to pull it out it didnt go back to its normal shape it is melted like that

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
That IS odd, when you put it on yesterday, did you make sure to attach it to lid securely then mount lid? It could just be that it didn't seat correctly and has deformed, but it boggles me, because it should take longer to deform lol. I don't know man, ya got me, but it shouldn't have gotten hot enough to do THAT.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the lid was on perfectly fine cause if it wasnt i would have brake fluid all over my engine bay