what causes this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
its not like i was driving around for months with contaminated brake fluid i drove it 3 miles TOPS then flushed the system as recommended and i crimped the rear lines because i dont have the money to replace all the lines and brackets and whatever like a said before the audio has been paid for for a LONG time so its not like im ignoring the problem

I bet you could fix that lines for under $200, your telling me you have not spent $200 on your audio stuff since your lines got ****** up?

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet you could fix that lines for under $200, your telling me you have not spent $200 on your audio stuff since your lines got ****** up?

no i have not i havent spent any money on audio for at least 3 months

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the point in having nice audio equipment in a vehicle with bad brakes? Sorry but if u dont have the cash to fix it then id suggest selling sum audio stuff to get the truck fixed....u dont NEED a radio to have a driveable truck, but u DO need properly functioning brakes though....just my opinion....do what u want...but if sumone with a vehicle with a highend stereo an bad brakes plows into myself or my pregnant wife they will have more than money issues....

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
zayres29, sorry that you feel attacked, but you have to admit you did do something pretty stupid. Main reason people are pissed is because by doing your own "work" to your brakes, you put others at serious danger. These trucks weigh a lot, and at speed, that's a lot of force. If you were coming to a red light, your brakes failed, and you hit a pedestrian or broadsided a car, you would seriously injure, if not kill, somebody. Honestly, I don't quite understand the trans fluid thing. Brake fluid is not expensive, but if you were low, and that was all you had, and you didn't know, then I can see how that happened. Honest mistake.

Crimping the brake lines was unsafe, though. Brake system runs on fluid pressure. Crimped lines=no flow=no pressure to rear brakes. It just makes sense. Seems like if you'd thought it through completely, you would've either just left it alone and not driven it, or spent what you had to in order to get it fixed correctly. Yes, it would suck to have to park your truck for a long period of time, but I'm sure most of us have had to do that at one point or another. If it's parked, then it can't run into anyone, right? Public transportation is dirt cheap, and I'm sure you know people who could help give you a ride (especially since you could give them money for their gas, and you would probably save over driving your truck).

Please don't lose your taste for this forum, they weren't trying to give you bullshit. Trust me, bullshit is when there is no need or purpose. This did serve a purpose, they were trying to get across how serious and dangerous it is to drive a truck in that kind of disrepair. You could injure or kill someone. Besides, if you don't have money for brakes, then you definitely don't have money to repair whatever you hit after you plow into something.

Park it, fix it, keep it safe. Stay here, because if you had asked here BEFORE crimping and using trans fluid, you would definitely be better off.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
zayres29, sorry that you feel attacked, but you have to admit you did do something pretty stupid. Main reason people are pissed is because by doing your own "work" to your brakes, you put others at serious danger. These trucks weigh a lot, and at speed, that's a lot of force. If you were coming to a red light, your brakes failed, and you hit a pedestrian or broadsided a car, you would seriously injure, if not kill, somebody. Honestly, I don't quite understand the trans fluid thing. Brake fluid is not expensive, but if you were low, and that was all you had, and you didn't know, then I can see how that happened. Honest mistake.

Crimping the brake lines was unsafe, though. Brake system runs on fluid pressure. Crimped lines=no flow=no pressure to rear brakes. It just makes sense. Seems like if you'd thought it through completely, you would've either just left it alone and not driven it, or spent what you had to in order to get it fixed correctly. Yes, it would suck to have to park your truck for a long period of time, but I'm sure most of us have had to do that at one point or another. If it's parked, then it can't run into anyone, right? Public transportation is dirt cheap, and I'm sure you know people who could help give you a ride (especially since you could give them money for their gas, and you would probably save over driving your truck).

Please don't lose your taste for this forum, they weren't trying to give you bullshit. Trust me, bullshit is when there is no need or purpose. This did serve a purpose, they were trying to get across how serious and dangerous it is to drive a truck in that kind of disrepair. You could injure or kill someone. Besides, if you don't have money for brakes, then you definitely don't have money to repair whatever you hit after you plow into something.

Park it, fix it, keep it safe. Stay here, because if you had asked here BEFORE crimping and using trans fluid, you would definitely be better off.

Very well put :cheers:

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

if you would have read my post about crimping the rear brakes you would know that the lines were rusted when i bought the truck so it was leaking leaking=no pressure=no brakes so its lose lose

everyone here will be happy to know that i am WALKING to autozone and buying a new master cylinder because the trans fluid at the gaskets out of mine.... problem solved all of the rubber lines are fine (but will get replaced when i swap my motor) when my tax return comes this next year im buying an lq4 and replacing all fuel and brake lines so i wont have to worry about rust anymore

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
if you would have read my post about crimping the rear brakes you would know that the lines were rusted when i bought the truck so it was leaking leaking=no pressure=no brakes so its lose lose

everyone here will be happy to know that i am WALKING to autozone and buying a new master cylinder because the trans fluid at the gaskets out of mine.... problem solved all of the rubber lines are fine (but will get replaced when i swap my motor) when my tax return comes this next year im buying an lq4 and replacing all fuel and brake lines so i wont have to worry about rust anymore

wait a damn second, your gonna replace the master cylinder and ride around with only front brakes, FOR A YEAR!