what causes this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Consumer Reports actually has a notification concerning the crap brake perfomance of these vehicles. I did a quickie upgrade to mine with drilled & slotted rotors, ceramic pads, stainless lines, & synthetic fluid. Helped a lot, but I still want the SSBC big brake kit, with the rear disc conversion. At $3500.00, that won't be happening too soon, though!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
zayres29, at the least, get ceramic pads....I've always run ceramic pads and at the 190k mark(last brake change), the stock rotors still looked pristine.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
so is it melted or sucked down in there? min looked something like that b4 but it was sucked down in there

My Ford used to do this, the cover would suck down in humidity.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
i just changed to ceramic, Love em!

Yeah, they asked me at the parts counter what brand I wanted....CERAMIX!!! They also had some brand called WearEver i think, and it was like a quarter of the price lol. I did later get that wearever brand ceramic pads on my buick, they worked excellent the first week, unfortunately i rolled the car the 8th day. :(

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bleeding the system manually at home will achieve the same results as a pressure bleeder, if done thoroughly...And no, their is a good chance that very soon he will having various brake parts fail due to the trans fluid being introduced into the brake system...

TRUE.. forgot about trans fluid eating the rubber lines

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, the trans fluid will either eat away the hoses or cause them to collapse. I'd hate to see him driving down the road, hit the brakes and his hoses POP....hit the e-brake QUICK!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your brake fluid was already leaking in the first place, thats pretty sketchy. They could go at any time. Its irresponsible not to fix that problem and at the least flush your system right away. You drive on the road with a lot of innocent people and their property, not to mention yourself. Its pretty serious to lose your brakes. Seems like no biggie to run it until something does go bad. Won't be worth it if that happens. Good luck.