What cam do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
it sounds like you dont want tomo make a ton more hp and tq than stock, I would take a look at your block it might be machiened for the stock vortec rooler assy. if it is then you can runa stock vortec cam. vortec specs are 250 hp and 350 tq so that would be the best option if the block is prepped for it. if not a lunati 4x4 cam would make great driveable power. the second smallest one. i will look up the specs.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
After looking about how I drive and the RPM Range I stay in, I rarely drive above 2500 rpms. If I do get above that it's when I am passing someone. So I am looking for power in lower RPM range.

I looked at converting to roller but for what it cost to convert I can go buy a roller block.

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just thinking that I had a 93 block out of a truck that had the holes in the lifter Vally drilled and tapped for the spider trays, ( the ones that hold the roller lifters in the roller cam blocks. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUN-06107/ this cam will work great with those heads stock, it is not a roller cam so you can use it with your block. have your chip flashed and it will run a whole lot better than stock. for what it sound like you are trying to do it will be about the best choice imo