What are you guys doing for steps to get into cab??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, my truck is stock height with a slight crank in the front but even at that my wife and 3 small kids (7 years and younger) have a really hard time getting into the truck so I need to do something about some kind of steps on the truck. My initial thought was to install some Amp Research steps. After further investigation they don't offer a kit for 88-98 trucks.

So my first question is has anyone successfully installed Amp Research steps on their truck? If so, what kit did you buy and how did you adapt it to the truck?

My second question is if Amp Research isn't the way to go then what are the other options? I'm well versed in chrome tube steps as I've had a few sets in the past but want to do something different with this truck.

Thoughts?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I just have some Westin E series nerf bars on mine. They were on it when i got it. I like the look of them, clean and simple, although in my avitar, the huge dirt clod is blocking them lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do the n-fabs look alright on a stock height 4x4 that is slightly cranked in the front?

I just have some Westin E series nerf bars on mine. They were on it when i got it. I like the look of them, clean and simple, although in my avitar, the huge dirt clod is blocking them lol.

Got any pics? :)

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
3" BL
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Power-Amps are expensive as hell. But I have seen the GMT800 ones fitted onto a 400. I haven't done it myself so I can give any other insight into it.

Power-Amps or N-Fabs are the only thing I would run on my truck.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power-Amps are expensive as hell. But I have seen the GMT800 ones fitted onto a 400. I haven't done it myself so I can give any other insight into it.

Power-Amps or N-Fabs are the only thing I would run on my truck.

Yeah I know they are expensive but they are the cleanest out there IMO Is the one you saw possibly on a forum somewhere or did you see it elsewhere? I'd really like to found out how it was done. I'd hate to spend the money on Amp steps only to find out that the work involved in getting them to work is too much. :)