What are the best front rotors for the money 95 Tahoe 4x4 6.5 diesel rear drum? And w

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrsavoie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the best front rotors for the money 95 Tahoe 4x4 6.5 diesel rear drum? And where to buy?

Wagner - $55.41 each

Or other aftermarket?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
RC1 Concepts. Outlasted any other rotors that I've had on a GMT400. Better stopping, too. Check the vendor list for the rep. on here.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chillax people. he's allowed to post up questions wherever he wants. OP, I cleaned up your thread.

I've used just the NAPA rotors and drums with good sucess on my truck, you could get something fancy like powerslots or something, but IMO, good quality OE type ones work great and cost a good amount less than specialty ones...

never tried RC1's though (never heard of them), they might be worth looking into.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are the best front rotors for the money 95 Tahoe 4x4 6.5 diesel rear drum? And where to buy?

Wagner - $55.41 each

Or other aftermarket?

Not related to your post but can you post a pic of your surburban

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you have goo luck with these? I did mine about 6 months ago and I did the full ceramic ones with just basic rotors and they are warped and squeak all the time. Any suggestions what pads to run with the slotted ones. Any suggestions

I also was thinking of doing a 4 wheel disk conversion. Anyone do this or have a link for me

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
They have outlasted every other rotors I've had on the truck in 9 years. & I'm hard on brakes! I'm the guy that's last on the brakes & first on the gas through the twisties! The generic ones I've used just won't put up with that.
No matter what, though, I always have rotors turned when they're brand new right outa the box.
I used the pads that they recommend to use with their rotors.
There are a couple of threads here on rear DB conversions.

jrsavoie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not related to your post but can you post a pic of your surburban

I'll see if I can get a picture or 2. Having issues right now. There is a over abundance of lateral play in the turbo fan on the Suburban. Needs tires. It's revving funny - chugging - hesitating.
In addition I think the tuna can - CDR needs to be cleaned or replaced. I'm online right now to look up how to make a manometer to test the CDR.

For some reason I have a pic of a gasser 98 that looks like mine with the exception of the gasser bumper

Attachments

• 98 Suburban.jpg
    98 Suburban.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4