What and how many miles a year do you tow with your Gmt400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup that's the only thing I don't like about towing with a pickup instead of the Burb. Anything that doesn't need to get wet, needs to be wrapped up or put in the trailer; with the Burb you just stick it in the back. And every dam thing in the bed of the pickup needs to be tied down well! That trip in April, I used all my bungee cords, a cargo net, and ratchet straps across the bed.
My eventual plan for the crew cab is to have a shell on it, that I can take on and off as needed. Just for going around town, I don't need it, but on road trips it'd be nice to have covered space.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All four of my trucks have camper shells. Although because I sometimes tow a gooseneck the TD has the shell on about half the time. The other trucks are adorned with shells fulltime.
Jealous. I’ve been looking for a shell for mine without much luck.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Jealous. I’ve been looking for a shell for mine without much luck.
Sometimes the wrecking yards will get trucks in with shells. They often need work, but it's cheaper than trying to find one in the aftermarket.

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the time with my old girls, the 95 K2500 odometer was at 471,*** to finish this year, did 4 trips to California, plus a handful of regional hauls. Ill have to go back in the fuel log to see what odometer was at the beginning of the year, I know its gotta be at least 10K miles.

All of them are expected to haul, though a few arent quite to the point in maintenance that im ready to take them much past a 350-400 mile radius.