Weight in the bed for winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the bed of my truck isn't already full of snow, I shovel more snow into it lol. I'd love to get a posi in there, but until the funds are free, snow works =P

Reaction score
Just remember whatever you use could possibly turn into a dangerous flying projectile if you were to have an accident injuring:badidea: yourself or someone else on the road.

fl_tags

Reaction score
Saw on Trucks last night they advertised a product made by a company called ShurTrax. It's a large water bladder that is designed to be laid into a truck bed and filled with water, supposed to add like 300lbs or so I think. It was like $150 though. Little rich for my taste, especially compared to the cost of sand bags, but it's another option.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw on Trucks last night they advertised a product made by a company called ShurTrax. It's a large water bladder that is designed to be laid into a truck bed and filled with water, supposed to add like 300lbs or so I think. It was like $150 though. Little rich for my taste, especially compared to the cost of sand bags, but it's another option.

I saw that also and I thinks its a cool concept but I still need to use my bed when traveling and what not so I would be afraid of packing anything on top of it.

fl_tags

Reaction score
I saw that also and I thinks its a cool concept but I still need to use my bed when traveling and what not so I would be afraid of packing anything on top of it.

Yeah, that seemed to be the only issue with it. They showed him throwing stuff on it and it looked pretty tough, but it still just doesn't seem like a good base to pack on. I'm not sure of the size of the equivalent weight in sand bags, but it seems it would be smaller.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never used any weight. It was damn near impossible to break the rear tires loose on my '98, even in snow

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk