Weight in the bed for winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
On mine I have a high top camper shell, and run Goodyear Wrangler (cheap ones of the Wrangler series) tires on my 2 wheel drive. This year I added a frame hitch assembly. I carry a 25 pound tool box in the cab. That is all my extra weight. Last year on solid ice the truck did just fine. And here in Texas north of the DFW area TXdot does not believe in using sand or salt plus they don't have enough snow plows for the rare snow/ice we do get. First day or two of a major snow/ice storm I just stay home and listen on my scanners to all the people who don't know how to drive on snow/ice play bumper cars with each other on the roads. Nice trick I learned from my relatives who use to live in Ohio which is let the inexperienced ones out there first then after a day or two most everyone on the roads seems to know how to drive on it.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
That's the truth, everyone goes 12 mph the first day, the third natural selection has them all going 80 again lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk