Want to do a mild 350 rebuild any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have not seen the no EGR intake get any decent mpg number's, now if was strictly power issue then by all mean's the carb intake with an adapter.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
when I rebuilt mine I did a stock rebuild kit and I upgraded to the better bearings, biggest comp cam I could find for computer controlled, new valve springs flat top pistons, summit shorty headers, a few odds and ends and I bought a head from a boss for 75 because I had a few cracks in one. I did not know how to do a rebuild or the tools so I paid the boss 500 to help me through it. all in all I was in it about 22-2300 bucks.

I wanted to go vortec heads and bore .30 over but the cheapest used heads i could find were 35o a set and I wish i would have gone .30 over but budget did not make this possible... wish i would have went for it anyway and figured something out:nono:

P.S. i dont get anywhere close to 2o mpg though.... about half.. around 12 in town maybe 15 highway with a good tail wind lol

smokemgood

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I am definitely a novice to rebuilding an engine so what would I have to do to get around 300 horse with no budget? Forget the mileage part, I would rather have more power. As far as pulling the engine and stuff I'm going to do that myself.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draggin95's plan will give you a nice engine, maybe even a little more than 300 HP just not for 2k unless you find some good deals. You can save a bunch running the carb intake an tbi adapter if you don't need the egr for emissions checks