Vortec Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been reading through a bunch of these posts about tuning our trucks and was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a GM TechII to tune them. I have access to one and was wondering if i can do anything with it on my 97ecsb. Anyone know anything about this? I've used it many times for engine codes and what not but wasnt sure if you can actually tune with it or change software?

Hogg

Reaction score
You canty use the Tech 2 to tune them, but you can use teh TECH2 for boidirectional contyrol of teh trans, TCC aBS etc.

You cant actually make changes to a calibration with Tech 2, but you can use Tech 2 to load a calibration into the PCM.

peace
Hog

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, the tech2 can reflash a PCM to stock settings, and the bidi controls, but you can't alter the tune itself like you can with EFILive or TCII or something.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would be the cheapest option for a basic tune for better performance/mpg etc.. ?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheapest? probably a mail order tune from a tuning company like bbp or wheatley or something.