Vibration at 60???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I took my mother-in-law's Pacifica in for new tires and told them tires, nothing else. Well 5 hours later...the brakes were redone, they changed the fuel pump and replaced 3 TPS sensors but never got to the tires. I paid the $2100 for their ****** work and went down to Garret Tires and Treads for the rubber and they spotted that the passenger side rear rotor was cocked sideways and fixed it for no charge plus took $200 off the price of the tires. Last time I did business with Big O.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Ya I watch them like a hawk and jump there ***** if I see them doing something I didn't tell them to do. One of my mech. is good friends with Adam the manager at the north location and gets me pretty good deals. That's the only reason I bought mine there.
Garrett's are good people.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well, the last time I got tires....they messed up my rims by putting clip-on weights instead of stick-on and paid for an alignment that never got done....so if you guys have a TD's Performance Tires & Accessories shop, be wary....also, lost the weights driving down the road and one of them embedded in my inner fender. I hate shops that look professional with amateur techs....:nono:

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
I think you can have a bad experience any where. I like to let them know from the get go that I'm not nieve. I'm not above contacting corp headquarters and pitching a fit. I went to a Disount Tire and had them try a bait and switch on me a few years ago. I left and contacted the corp offices complaining. In an hour I was on the phone with the district manager and explained the problem. He sent me back to the store and I got what I asked for. They where very nice after that.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I've gotten to where I rarely use "chain" shops, except certain ones like goodyear or sears where I know they have workers with brains....any other time I'm using private shops or doing the work myself if I have the time and know-how.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I've actually had good experiences with Orchlens tire department. Even if you bring in your own tires and dont buy them there, the techs are curtious and get the job done quick.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Good to know. You ever need exhaust or mech work done, pretty much anything but tires. Tracy's Muffler and Lube is a guy I trust.
He does excellent work and is fair on prices.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Where is he located? I've always had Zig's Off Road do my exhaust and they do top notch work.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
He is on Henry St. just east of the GI cemetary go north to the corner. He did both of my subs. I even brought in my own tips. The 1st I had him run from muffs back. $175.00. This one he did muffs and tails in 2 1/2 for $280.00 glass packs. He put all new hangers and welded everthing. It took him about 2hrs. so he's pretty quick. Very nice guy and quality work.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I've drivin by there numerous times but have never stopped...those are very decent prices for a fully welded system. My favorite exhaust i've ever had was done at Penner's Tire in York..for duals from the headers back including stainless 4 by 18 inch tips was $218 and it sounded great. I'm getting tired of my Cherry Bomb Vortex's so I may have to make an appointment at Tracy's. Thank you for the suggestion.