Vibration at 60???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankinstein

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is, if a part needs replaced, they'll straight up fix it without you knowing and tell you it was in dier need of replacement and wont let you take the car until it's paid in full. Yes the authorities were involved, but the local PD or Big O's general manager couldnt do anything because the tech already did the work. If I would've stayed around instead of just dropping the car off, it never would have happend and i'm still kickin myself today.

That's complete BS.

I used to work at a dealership as a Service Advisor, and on numerous occassions made sure the customer wasn't responsible for the Tech's trial and error approach to fixing a problem. There was one guy who came in complaining of a strange noise in the upper left rear corner of his Cadillac. It took the Tech 4 days and $2500 in parts to finally solve the problem, and that's how he left the workorder. By the time I was finished with the Service Manager, the customer's bill came to $300 whcih he was happy with.

There is always something they can do. Maybe not the PD in this case. But the Manager, if he really wanted your continued business, just missed a golden opportunity to make you a lifetime satisfied customer who trusted his shop was always going to do the right thing.

crankinstein

Reaction score
Tires were installed yesterday, and when I saw the rears that came off it...I should not have driven the three hours (roundtrip) that I did to get the new tires! They both have multiple belts shifted and are so distorted that the sidewalls are seriously warped.

I am happy that the tires have fixed the majority of my vibration issue, but I'm still going to check on that PCV tubing because the engine almost seems to stumble a little bit around the 80kmh (approx. 55mph) mark.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Tires were installed yesterday, and when I saw the rears that came off it...I should not have driven the three hours (roundtrip) that I did to get the new tires! They both have multiple belts shifted and are so distorted that the sidewalls are seriously warped.

I am happy that the tires have fixed the majority of my vibration issue, but I'm still going to check on that PCV tubing because the engine almost seems to stumble a little bit around the 80kmh (approx. 55mph) mark.

Cool! Glad to hear you found your prob too!