Vibration at 60???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took my mother-in-law's Pacifica in for new tires and told them tires, nothing else. Well 5 hours later...the brakes were redone, they changed the fuel pump and replaced 3 TPS sensors but never got to the tires. I paid the $2100 for their ****** work and went down to Garret Tires and Treads for the rubber and they spotted that the passenger side rear rotor was cocked sideways and fixed it for no charge plus took $200 off the price of the tires. Last time I did business with Big O.

Wait WHAT...That's like the equivalent of someone signing up for lawn cuts and I re-sod their entire lawn with zoysia for $2500 and they PAY it? How or why in the hell did you pay for that when you told them just to do tires??? I would have lost it on their *****...I mean you just want some tires then you end up owing them 2 grand???

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's why I use work orders. Signed by the customer. Multiple copies. Cover's my ass, as a biz owner, & the customer knows exactly what he's getting. I appreciate the integrity of a hand shake deal, but it just doesn't always work out the way it's intended. If I collected all the debt owed to me, made with a hand shake, my truck would be painted, with a new engine in, & my bills would be paid for 6 months.

RnuovZ71

Where does that bolt go?
Reaction score
HELP!! I have a vibration at 60 mph, not below or above. Right at 60 it feels like there is a bearing on a shaft out completely. I'm thinking I have a CV shaft on it's way out.
What ya'll think?:hmm:

Have you had the tires rotated and balanced? are the tie rods, ball joints, pitman arm, and idler arm still good? How are your wheelbearing? How about the upper and lower bushing on the A-arms are they still good?

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Have you had the tires rotated and balanced? are the tie rods, ball joints, pitman arm, and idler arm still good? How are your wheelbearing? How about the upper and lower bushing on the A-arms are they still good?
Found it was a vaccum leak.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Found it was a vaccum leak.
Yeah, woulda been a pain if ya hadn't heard the whistling.

^Agreed, those are ALL things that can cause this issue. Good info there.

crankinstein

Reaction score
Good luck! Hope it does the trick.

Thanks!

I got the tires lastnight and they're being installed this am. I noticed otw home lastnight that at slower speeds on smooth roads the truck seemed to almost crab at an angle with a noticable wobble, but it was raining too hard to check for a bulge so I just babied it home. I'm anxious to see how much these tires fix.

Fingers crossed lol

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Wait WHAT...That's like the equivalent of someone signing up for lawn cuts and I re-sod their entire lawn with zoysia for $2500 and they PAY it? How or why in the hell did you pay for that when you told them just to do tires??? I would have lost it on their *****...I mean you just want some tires then you end up owing them 2 grand???

The truth of the matter is, if a part needs replaced, they'll straight up fix it without you knowing and tell you it was in dier need of replacement and wont let you take the car until it's paid in full. Yes the authorities were involved, but the local PD or Big O's general manager couldnt do anything because the tech already did the work. If I would've stayed around instead of just dropping the car off, it never would have happend and i'm still kickin myself today.