Value for 1967 - 1972 Chev/GMC Pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found one for sale in the neighbourhood. All original, and I mean totally original. Half-ton, long box, fleetside, 350 4 bbl, auto trans. No AC, no power steering, no power brakes. Going to fire it up on Saturday. Any ideas as to what the value would be? There is absolutely no rust. It has the trailing arm rear suspension. Vinyl bench seat.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Justin. It seems, that depending on mechanical condition, the truck I'm looking at, which is either a 69 or 70, is worth about $4000 US. I am going to call the owner this afternoon so arrange time to have a much closer look at it. I'm interested because I've always like the body style of that generation, and because it is sooooo simple. I mean, there's hardly any wires or hoses under the hood, and you can do motor and trans swaps without worrying about sensors, wiring harnesses, PCMs and all that crap that gives us maybe 3 more miles per gallon at the end of the day.

Having said all that, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy driving a truck with armstrong steering and no AC, so we'll have to see what develops here.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah I like simplicity but sometimes you want a little more than that. I used to daily drive a 72 chevelle sedan beater, had good enough heat, and it had power steering and power brakes, that's all I needed to be content at the time

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I bought the truck. It really takes me back, as I had a 71 GMC C-1500 back in the mid 70s. The one I bought has 53,424 miles, all documentation from new, and is a totally original survivor. For issues with that truck, I'll use the 67-72 forum Justin pointed me to.

For now, thinking of hanging on to the 98, as it's a known quantity, with lots of mod cons, and only around 90,000 miles. Finding a place to put all this stuff is going to give me a headache, as I live in the city, and space is limited.