Vacuum canister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove it and cap the lines. Done.

We're busting your balls because unless you're building a track-only truck, it's not a wise idea. You also started off by assuming we were going to tell you it's not a wise idea, which it's not. You called us out in your very first post on the forum, so you got a response.

Tact matters. If anonymity makes it easy for everyone to throw their d!ck around, people tend to do it. Restraint is a strong character trait.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

We're busting your balls because unless you're building a track-only truck, it's not a wise idea. You also started off by assuming we were going to tell you it's not a wise idea, which it's not. You called us out in your very first post on the forum, so you got a response.

Tact matters. If anonymity makes it easy for everyone to throw their d!ck around, people tend to do it. Restraint is a strong character trait.
I'm still not even sure what he is asking....

What vacuum canister? A pic of what he is talking about might help? We seem to be assuming he is talking about the charcoal canister, but maybe not.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Delayed Newguy Coming Out Syndrome*

And believe me any Newguys we're not gatekeeping here.. this is probably one of the MOST welcoming, helpful forums I've ever seen.

Just don't come in here asking dumb questions - with an attitude

Dumb questions are OK. We were all dumb once. Nobody is born knowing this stuff.

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Tank still needs to be vented or else it will suction lock and the fuel pump will be unable to pull fuel from it. Too much vacuum built from the pumps suction might also collapse the tank.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed this was a vacuum-power-brake-booster vacuum-storage canister, sometimes but not always useful on big-cam engines that have crappy idle vacuum.

I wouldn't call the charcoal canister for the fuel tank a "vacuum" canister.

But what do I know? I'm still scrolling. Maybe he's talking about a useless "PCV canister" to separate the liquid oil from the vapors in the PCV hose caused by insufficient baffling in the valve covers; or excessive blowby.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assumed this was a vacuum-power-brake-booster vacuum-storage canister, sometimes but not always useful on big-cam engines that have crappy idle vacuum.

I wouldn't call the charcoal canister for the fuel tank a "vacuum" canister.

But what do I know? I'm still scrolling. Maybe he's talking about a useless "PCV canister" to separate the liquid oil from the vapors in the PCV hose caused by insufficient baffling in the valve covers; or excessive blowby.
Maybe it is a legitimate additional vacuum canister to bandaid low vacuum for power brakes.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who do I bill for the 5 1/2 minutes I just wasted?
You are the one that has not even clearly stated what you are talking about in your first post. Multiple of us have also given you sound advice if you are talking about a charcoal fuel vapor canister. If you are so dead against it, plug the engine side, attach a fuel filter to the tank side connection so that the tank can vent without getting dirt or other debris into it and carry on. If it is a 96+ Vortec truck you will have a SES light shortly for an EVAP system leak.