Upper ball joint bolt holes dont line up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyCaptain

Reaction score
I don’t know if mine has the F44 option. But it has the L480e. It’s an LT if that matters.

Are we sure the difference between upper ball joints is 6lugs vs 8lugs ? Because mine is 6lugs as I mentioned, and when I search diesel I find one part number, and gas gives another part number for the upper ball joint.
The part that supposed fit diesel does not.

Wish I could email rockauto and inform them.

I haven’t ordered yet, cuz I don’t want to end up with another pair not fitting.

I have a burban K3500 also, I will measure bolt holes on that Monday and post results.

Surely someone else had this problem. Or maybe the info in the website just changed and now it wrong.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
No Tahoe ever came 8 lug and 6.5 trucks in half tons were 6 lug. They got the 4L80 and the only ones I've seen in trucks also had the F44, but any of those trucks would simply take a ball joint for a 6 lug truck.

That's what I was thinking, but not being an SUV or diesel guy I wasn't sure. I think FVP just messed up. They have the ball joints he bought listed for my 8-lug 1-ton.

JollyCaptain

Reaction score
Did you try " GM parts giant " and enter the vin to see what number the gm or came back with? Then use the OE number to cross to what quality brand you want to use?
When this kind of " iffy " question comes up I try to use the most accurate source of information. Good luck!
Thank you! This is very useful.

When using GM parts giant I find this;
STUD KIT, Steering Knuckle Upper Control Arm, STUD KIT,FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM BALL(INCLUDES 16,17,18)(INCLUDES BOLTS,INSTRUCTION SHEET,NUTS,PINION,STUD ASM & WASHERS)
This forum is awesome by the way. Thanks again.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Thank you good sir.

Ah, after some clicking around. I think I understand. If I change vehicle to v8 5.7 I find B6292.

Should I just gamble and order those, even though mine is a diesel.

So we learned something at least. There are two different bolt on upper ball joints. Never knew.

I would buy something besides FVP. I don't think they manufacturer anything. I think they just rebrand other companies parts.

JollyCaptain

Reaction score
I would buy something besides FVP. I don't think they manufacturer anything. I think they just rebrand other companies parts.
I am regretting it now, yes.

Can someone who knows about these trucks recommend options for this original part: GM 19416901

I guess half the battle of fixing is sourcing parts.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like I said, take the number and cross it over. You can do that right? You have access to information, your here right? Did you try entering the number in Rock auto? Put your big boy pants on this isn't hard.
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The Delphi is the only part that directly states it crosses to the GM part number. i've never used the new Delphi Technologies suspension parts, and have no reason to believe they're anything but rebranded import parts. Delphi split from GM, went bankrupt, and split into 2 companies. Delphi was never into suspension parts that I know of.... maybe when GM divisions started getting rolled into fewer units? Suspension parts are a newer venture for Delphi Technologies, and given that many many plants were closed, or went back to GM, or with the other spin off company, I'd be highly suspicious that suspension parts are an attempt to cash in on the Delphi name.

I'd sooner go with ACDelco, although, I see they're quite expensive compared to the other offerings on Rockauto. I'd just go with the 5.7L gas listings and pick one that suited me. Looking now, I'd probably go with the Mevotech TTX, or the Dorman HD..... or the ACDelco. Normally, I stay away from Dorman, but I'd give these a chance.

Normally I'd say "Moog" for suspension or steering parts, but the upper ball joint in particular doesn't impress me.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Delphi is the only part that directly states it crosses to the GM part number. i've never used the new Delphi Technologies suspension parts, and have no reason to believe they're anything but rebranded import parts. Delphi split from GM, went bankrupt, and split into 2 companies. Delphi was never into suspension parts that I know of.... maybe when GM divisions started getting rolled into fewer units? Suspension parts are a newer venture for Delphi Technologies, and given that many many plants were closed, or went back to GM, or with the other spin off company, I'd be highly suspicious that suspension parts are an attempt to cash in on the Delphi name.

I'd sooner go with ACDelco, although, I see they're quite expensive compared to the other offerings on Rockauto. I'd just go with the 5.7L gas listings and pick one that suited me. Looking now, I'd probably go with the Mevotech TTX, or the Dorman HD..... or the ACDelco. Normally, I stay away from Dorman, but I'd give these a chance.

Normally I'd say "Moog" for suspension or steering parts, but the upper ball joint in particular doesn't impress me.
Those Dorman(o_O) Premium RD’s caught my eye too. They are 1/2 the price of the TTX though.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, take the number and cross it over. You can do that right? You have access to information, your here right? Did you try entering the number in Rock auto? Put your big boy pants on this isn't hard.
You must be registered for see images attach
Jezziz dude, there’s no reason to talk to anyone like that.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Jezziz dude, there’s no reason to talk to anyone like that.

2nd that.... Dude's in NORWAY with an American vehicle trying to buy parts through an American website. A little grace would be put to good use here. I know when I started buying parts for my Volvos I encountered brands I had never heard of, and still ask what could be basic questions. Thankfully, I have US based websites to ask questions and shop.