Best Ball Joints for 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did my ball joints and other associated parts only a few years ago with Moog "Problem Solver" parts and its already time to replace my ball joints again (alignment guy said so plus I can hear them clunking sometimes).
Forgive the questions but I have to ask.. when these parts were installed, did you install them or did the shop? Were they installed with a ball joint press tool, were they aligned properly (if needed - some designs/applications have an alignment dot), were they torqued correctly, were they greased at install time, and then greased regularly afterwards? I ask particularly about the grease because they have "shipping" grease so they don't rust but IMO they should be greased properly before you operate the vehicle.

I've used lots of Moog and TRW in the past with no issues, and several years have passed since I've done much front end work. I just recently did Moog Problem Solver upper and lower ball joints on both our 2006 Silverado SS's. It's a big PITA job and I sure hope I didn't choose crap parts. I also spent a ton on full front suspension for my 1993 C3500 dually - all the parts, quite literally. Not installed yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard