Two more whimsical questions. I'm sure my name's by now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First question, my heater doesn't seem to be actuating from mid, floor , defrost. It's stuck on mid... anybody have any tips and tricks for accomplishing this one?

Next..... I have a short, my left brake light will come in and out. I've also noticed that if it's out, and I engage my right signal it'll turn on. I have checked all bulbs and I also part swapped the circuit board if you will, for the light receptacles..

I'm wondering if this is something in the column or if there is a notorious short in the wiring and where that wiring would be

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I can't help ya with the light issue but the heater thing is most likely the actuator servo motor thing. Not sure what year your truck is but on the '88-94's at least there's a servo which is located to the right and above of the gas pedal. This is what switches the vent position. My '89 was toasted when I got it, stuck on I forget but that fixed it. Plus I gave the shaft it rotates a good couple snorts of ATF + Acetone. No issues since.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have a tow package on the receiver. That brake light goes out on both the truck and trailer when it goes out. However as soon as I press right turn signal it kicks back on