Turn Signal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Moore

Reaction score
I swear I thought that when your turn signal is on that both bulbs on that side blinked. I could be wrong but I thought they both blinked. The picture is of the turn signal illuminated notice the other bulb isn't on. It does this on both sides.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah... That's not normal. Not sure what's going on exactly.

During normal operation when the headlights are off, all three bulbs on the same side should illuminate at the same time during the flash. When the headlights are on, both front facing bulbs brighten up alternating with the corner on that same side. So if the driver's side front bulbs were bright, the driver's side corner would be off. Make sense?

Michael Moore

Reaction score
Yeah... That's not normal. Not sure what's going on exactly.

During normal operation when the headlights are off, all three bulbs on the same side should illuminate at the same time during the flash. When the headlights are on, both front facing bulbs brighten up alternating with the corner on that same side. So if the driver's side front bulbs were bright, the driver's side corner would be off. Make sense?
Yes that makes sense. I was just out looking at my truck and checking things out and noticed this. I don't know why the inner ones will not flash. I have noticed that there is tons of wires connected to the turn signals on both sides. It seems that maybe the previous owner had an issue and tried to rewire it himself. Maybe he did it wrong and that's my problem.