turn signal hyper-flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just bought a '92 1500 long bed 2wd 4.3 v6 with 85,000 miles as my kayak hauler and so far it's been an interesting truck.... After driving for 15 minutes the CEL and brake light come on but I just ignore that... ANYWAY I noticed one of the parking lights/ turn signal bulbs was out (its a 2357 bulb) so I bought a new one and now that light is way brighter than the other parking lights and it hyper-flashes... whats up with that?!

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
*edit I should mention that after turning the truck off and on again, the CEL and brake light stay off for another 15 minutes which is why I ignore it since it doesn't seem to crucial to fix if they are always turning off and on

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try putting a new bulb in the other side to see if that does anything and then I would check every ground on the truck. Most of the electrical flakiness on these trucks tends to be from a bad ground. This includes the battery/frame ground. Since the CEL is involved it might be a good idea to see if your main power lead is solid as well. Cables / grounds are likely to be your problem.

Don't forget to report to the thread when you get it sorted and let us know what it was.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy smokes... my first thread on this site and I’m already embarrassed. I didn’t think it would work but it did... I switched the bulb around lol

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But speaking of odd things about bulbs... I replaced the lights that shine on the floor when the door opens and when I first started the truck (door closed so the light was off) a big ol thing of smoke came from around where the light was on the driver side. So I turned the truck off and the light still worked so I turned the truck back on and now seems fine... it’s such a weird truck

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wiring and smoke is scary. I would carry a fire extinquisher for a while and figure a plan to quickly disconnect battery.

steve578

Reaction score
I have a similar situation. Decided to replace all four parking/turn bulbs. I used 2357 bulbs, but had one on the driver side the was brighter than the others and causing a fast flash. I placed a 2057 bulb in that socket and the bulb was now the same brightness as the other three and the fast flash went away.

When I have time, I need to dig into it more.