Led flasher hyper flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zavier001

Reaction score
1997 Chevrolet c1500 2x4

I recently had added new LED headlights for the low and high beam, new blue LED bulbs for cluster and I am getting hyper flash on turn signal. I had also removed my trailer hitch since I do not tow at all and don’t plan on it. I also remove the oem (I think?) trailer side connector since I do not need it. I cut the wires a bit and used electrical tape to keep them together and tucked. Could this be the reason I am getting hyper flash when I turn my headlights on and when I am braking? And how can I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6080.jpeg
    IMG_6080.jpeg
    457.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently had added new LED headlights for the low and high beam, new blue LED bulbs for cluster and I am getting hyper flash on turn signal. I had also removed my trailer hitch since I do not tow at all and don’t plan on it. I also remove the oem (I think?) trailer side connector since I do not need it. I cut the wires a bit and used electrical tape to keep them together and tucked. Could this be the reason I am getting hyper flash when I turn my headlights on and when I am braking? And how can I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!
EP29 flasher relay should solve your problem

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Shouldn't be getting hyperflash if you still have incandescent bulbs in the turn signals front and back. This is indication you have a bulb out.

From what I'm reading you only converted to LED's for the headlights and dash cluster?

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Check the ground for the rear lamp harness. White wire to frame/bed cross support.

Richard