true dual for obd1 can it be done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay yall im stumped on this my brother bought a nice 92 1500 4x4 the other day all it has for an exhaust is a set of short tubes he wants a true dual exhaust i dont see it working were would you run the o2 i think the best route would be to run pipe to an x and then dual from there with the o2 in the x if i can talk him into this would it work it does have to pass emissions testing ill be the one putting the exhaust on more then likely what do yall think could work the engines a 350 thats bone stock he insists on wanting a true dual i dont see how it can be done thanks for any help

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tbi only has one O2 sensor in the passenger manifold anyway so yes you can do it, no need for an x...

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
The only o2 should be in the drivers side header collector. Get a set of fitting collectors, run the drivers side pipe under the trans just behind the starter, the pass side strait back. Run either a dual in dual out cat there they meet or stagger 2 seperste cats. Run a few feet of pipe and dual mufflers sideways, side by side near the rear of the cab. Run 2 tailpipes diagonal to the rear axle and split them out in whatever direction you want after the axle.

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys i reckon he wants to run 2 seperate cats with straight pipe after that im not sure why he wants true dual my 94 has good power with a manderal bent y pipe to one cat and a dual cb extreme muffler thanks again guys

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
thanks guys i reckon he wants to run 2 seperate cats with straight pipe after that im not sure why he wants true dual my 94 has good power with a manderal bent y pipe to one cat and a dual cb extreme muffler thanks again guys

Post up a video of yours sometime.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Later year TBI's with heated O2 (most 94-95 automatics) have the O2 just ahead of the converter, after the Y-pipe joins both sides.

Going dual with an X (or H) and putting the O2 where it gets combined flow from both sides isn't a bad idea IMO since it's essentially the direction the factory went with the 2-into-1 exhaust, but you'll need to convert that 92 to a heated (3-wire) O2. Very easy. Power from a "key in run" source (can be found in the convenience center under the dash, terminals marked "WHT") and ground, signal wire, buy an O2 for a 94 with automatic, weld O2 bung into X or H pipe, done.

Richard

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i did the exhaust on the truck we left the 02 in the manifold so far he isnt having any issues but i would still like to run an x