Truckin'Ain'tForSissies RCSB Dedicated Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Door Panel Prep

I saw a thread where Griffin asked about throwing down some fabric on the lower panel...
Griff': I'll be tearing apart this junk door panel to give you an idea what all is required to remove the carpet piece on the bottom of the 'panel.
You must be registered for see images attach

It looks like all of the pieces I highlighted will need to be either Melted to remove plastic welds or I can grind them down. We shall see huh?

Last edited:

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey guys: Is this a decent deal?

Paste from CraigsList ad.

10 bolt front, 14 bolt semi floater rear. Both open with 3.73 gears. Came out of a 91 suburban. $200

All I need is the rear axle, albeit no locker. But nonetheless a 14 bolt.
Is this a decent price & would it be more than welding up some new brackets for the shocks ETC?

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys: Is this a decent deal?

Paste from CraigsList ad.

10 bolt front, 14 bolt semi floater rear. Both open with 3.73 gears. Came out of a 91 suburban. $200

All I need is the rear axle, albeit no locker. But nonetheless a 14 bolt.
Is this a decent price & would it be more than welding up some new brackets for the shocks ETC?
I would think you could turn that front 10 bolt over for close to $200 and almost get the 14 bolt rear free. Someone looking to do a cheap SAS that 10 bolt is infinitely stronger than IFS. As for mounting...I will let an expert chime in.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I would think you could turn that front 10 bolt over for close to $200 and almost get the 14 bolt rear free. Someone looking to do a cheap SAS that 10 bolt is infinitely stronger than IFS. As for mounting...I will let an expert chime in.

No sh¡t? I'm looking to go SAS within a year or so.

Experts: what's needed to put the rear in?

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, if you're not going to rock crawl or something crazy that 10 bolt would be great.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I have 450 Lb-ft of torque and my Dana 44 (which is comparable to the 10 bolt) has never cause me any problems. Although I don't do any extreme offroading or anything with it.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I have 450 Lb-ft of torque and my Dana 44 (which is comparable to the 10 bolt) has never cause me any problems. Although I don't do any extreme offroading or anything with it.

Good to know. Main reason I'm wanting to swap is I can take my time with it.
I'll be cleaning/painting it, disc brake swap & a locker. If it won't be a P.I.T.A!

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok guys, I found me a G80 yesterday at the 'yard.
You must be registered for see images attach

It has a .342 gear ring gear on it (mine is .373). Will it be as simple as swapping the ring gear and throwing it in? What new parts will I need to install it?
Also, should I get C-Clip eliminator's? IDK jack **** about it but I figured It's a good idea to do it while I'm in there.