Truckin'Ain'tForSissies RCSB Dedicated Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
So are you going to try the method where you brush the dye on after prepping the piece and letting it "soak" in? I vaguely remember reading a thread somewhere on that process, but I don't recall where or when.

Never heard of that process. Interesting.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Update on Interior

Well I pulled off the fabric on my overhead console
You must be registered for see images attach

How do I get the old adhesive off?

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Interior plastic

I'm just about done sanding the A-Pillars, one more coat of primer/filler and then I'll sand then get ready for paint... Still don't know exactly what color I'm going to use.

Sanded down pretty good

Boy- what a difference!

Money is a little tight now so I guess I need to start selling some items I've been keepin' underwraps... Keep an eye out.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of what your overhead console bezel looks like after removing the foam? I may leave mine that dark color.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey Truckin', I would suggest cutting off those elastic bands on your visors. Mine hung down like that too. I got a box cutter and cut them off. Don't cut the stitching that goes all the way around the visor, instead, cut the threads of the bands going under that stitching, it's easy to cut. Just stretch it out and take your time, it looks much cleaner and those bands don't get in the way anymore.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey Truckin', I would suggest cutting off those elastic bands on your visors. Mine hung down like that too. I got a box cutter and cut them off. Don't cut the stitching that goes all the way around the visor, instead, cut the threads of the bands going under that stitching, it's easy to cut. Just stretch it out and take your time, it looks much cleaner and those bands don't get in the way anymore.

Good idea!
I'm planning on using visors out of a suburban, they have vanity mirrors and are lighted-- you know how I am with lights LOL.
When I made the wiring harness (for my dimming/compass/temp) mirror I ran the extra wires in anticipation.