Truckin'Ain'tForSissies RCSB Dedicated Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Griff', it'll be a month or so 'til it'll be done.
Need to find some deadener & fabric to reupholster: Headliner, Overhead console & door panel inserts. Anybody know of a place (online) that I can get some threads for my interior? I'll be using dark gray suede.

So dark gray on the following: headliner, overhead console (fabric part, not whole thing), carpet, back wall, door panels, knee board, ash tray assembly, seats & dash.
Light gray on the following: door inserts, a/b pillars O.H. console plastic, dash Bezel/vents & flip-up lid (on middle seat).

That is badass man I am looking to do the exact same on my door panel inserts so when you find a place will ya let me know, just send me a pm or something...Also I wish there was a how to on replacing the door panel inserts but I'm sure I could figure it out once the actual door panel was off.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sub'd looking for tips on how to "change" my burgundy interior to something else, anything else, that will look good with black. I really don't like red...

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Awesome cars man!

It's strange, TruckinAin4sissies kind of just came out of the woodwork on this forum, and I already see him as a hardened member of this forum.

Glad to have you man!

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Awesome cars man!

It's strange, TruckinAin4sissies kind of just came out of the woodwork on this forum, and I already see him as a hardened member of this forum.

Glad to have you man!

Thanks, everybody's real welcoming here. I've been a member on FSC for a while, but got discouraged and never posted. Bunch of &$#@&$.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Sub'd looking for tips on how to "change" my burgundy interior to something else, anything else, that will look good with black. I really don't like red...

If you'd like I can go in detail during the process. It's all new to me so it'll be a learning process for us :)

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be great bro, I plan to use dye, I think from a rattle can, but if you find a better way or know one, I'm game. I will have to work slow cause my truck is my daily. (and im broke most the time :D )

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
That would be great bro, I plan to use dye, I think from a rattle can, but if you find a better way or know one, I'm game. I will have to work slow cause my truck is my daily. (and im broke most the time :D )

Rattle can dye was my original plan. Here is my thread when I attempted it. It came out real hard to the touch. Not what I had in mind.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So are you going to try the method where you brush the dye on after prepping the piece and letting it "soak" in? I vaguely remember reading a thread somewhere on that process, but I don't recall where or when.