Truck won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 k1500, truck keeps cranking and not a hint of trying to start. I'm getting fuel and I've tried multiple times off of a jump from two different vehicles. Replaced cap and rotor and still nothing. Truck ran fine until I went to go to work this morning. Haven't checked for spark bc I'm running back and forth from where it's sitting and the house and it's cold as hell out. I keep reading possible pickup coil and/or possibly distributor. Any ideas? Not trying to leave my truck sitting where it is for too long.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Try a coil or icm. The icm is in the distributor mounted to the base. It caused my truck to die running down the highway. A new one is like 38 bucks

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try a coil or icm. The icm is in the distributor mounted to the base. It caused my truck to die running down the highway. A new one is like 38 bucks

What am I looking at to replace the coil? The icm seems pretty straightforward swap out and was my next move. Is the symptom of a bad icm just flat out no start? Even if it was running fine until the night before?

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
What am I looking at to replace the coil? The icm seems pretty straightforward swap out and was my next move. Is the symptom of a bad icm just flat out no start? Even if it was running fine until the night before?
Could be. Like i said i was going down the road and it died. And i could crank and crank and it would not start. Coil is two bolts. very simple

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometime the ignition control module will work until it gets hot and then quit leaving you with a crank no start. Or it will just not work at all.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok well it sounds more and more like that. I'm going to get a cool and icm now. Hoping it all works out

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So replaced icm and coil, nothing. I'm getting no spark to the plug or a spark at the top of the cap. Popped the cap to see if the rotor was turning but it turns pretty slow. Idk if this is normal when turning it over or what? Any ideas?

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even when I tried to let it roll down the hill this morning and bump start it, it still wouldn't even try to run, just locked up the wheels.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should still be getting spak regardless of how fast it is turning. Are you getting power to the coil? Check it for power and ground at the connectors.