Trouble figuring out the lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
I bought this truck with the lift all ready on it, the previous owner did not know what size lift his son did a 6" or a 9" he said he thought it was a 6" susp. + 3" BL but I am not seeing any body lift. The tires are 35" BFG KO and the truck seems to have quite a bit of clearance over them. I can't find any brand name either. Some help figuring this information out would be great as I need to buy new shocks for the truck and do not know what size or type to get! Thanks! Pics are included. Can take more if you want to see something specific.
You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Are there any marks on the t-bar drop bracket, or front skid plate maybe? Is your front track width wider than the rear or the same?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
If you do not see blocks then it is not a body lift, (best place i have found to look is under the bed.) ... can you tell what brand suspension lift is under the truck. If you can maybe you can tell if that brand even offers a 9"

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
Track width is same as rear, I do not see any markings or logos on front skid plate and t-bars are just plain. There is no blocks on the frame (bed bolted to frame directly) There is a pretty decent size block in the leaf springs though. If it makes any difference it is one of the smoothest riding trucks I have ever been in even with being lifted. The shocks front and rear and just a flat white color.

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
OK, if the bed is bolted directly to the frame then you don't have a body lift, just suspension...

Thats what I figured just wanted to make sure :)
For 35" tires there seems to be a lot of room for bigger sizes which makes me want to believe its a 9" susp, but niot knowing the brand makes it hard.

Can you get brand and model number off the shocks??
From what I remember there is no markings at all, I will take a closer look in morning as well as a pic or two.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Could you get a pic from the front? From that link I posted it looks like it could be a Rancho lift, but that's just looking at the t-bar brackets and trying to match them up

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess it's a six inch without a BL. Looks like it would be kinda tight if ya tried fitting 37s in there

Here is a 6" with 35s, looks really close to your height

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
Could you get a pic from the front? From that link I posted it looks like it could be a Rancho lift, but that's just looking at the t-bar brackets and trying to match them up

Does this work?