Treadwright Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frambukie

Reaction score
I think the balancing beads is a good idea. Nice truck BTW

Yeah maybe I will order some before I send them back its just at this point I've posted my story on a few other forums and you should hear how many people are coming forward with horrible experiences from them. I'm also most starting to feel like I'm getting off kind of easy lol.

Someone also brought this to my attention http://www.bbb.org/houston/business...and-repair/treadwright-in-houston-tx-90034998

They have an F rating with the BBB.

A lot of other people are saying that they WERE a great company when they were family owned in the Midwest but they have since sold the business and they are made now in Texas since about a year ago and it's been a downward spiral.

At this point even if I got the beads and they worked I feel so disgusted by this company that I don't think I want my truck associated with them.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Wow, i had looked into these before i bought my federals. Found nothing but good reviews, but they don't make a 35x12.50x17.

Edit: actually, after looking at their website, they do offer 35x12.50x17s now.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. I never had an issue with them. Mine balanced out fine and everything. I had a friend do it for me at his shop. They been on truck for 4 years. Sucks you had to go through that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is why I would never take a risk/bet on the ONLY thing that mats my truck to the road, WHY would you ever take this risk?

Sure on a mud/farm truck who cares, but on your DD and something you haul people, family, kids around in, cheap out on a CAI or cheap muffler, but not tires.

Seems like you got fairly lucky with how they handled it, I bet this happens a lot with them and being retreads they can't be as liable as a new tire manufacturer.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Years ago I got into some big stupid debate on FSC about Treadwrongs, and had to listen to a bunch of trash talk over it...but I'm in the same camp, not interested in saving money on tires, not in that way anyhow. I do my damndest to avoid tires from any kind of suspect origin - retreads regardless of the process, and NEW tires from third-world countries like China, Korea, India, etc. I'm not BS'ing, even when I bought my 300 SRT8 it had BRAND NEW "Accelera" tires, which are Indian. I mean literally brand new. I took them off and installed new BFG Sport Comp 2's, and sold the Acceleras on craigslist. Buh-bye...

Richard

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
[ QUOTE=someotherguy;795275]Years ago I got into some big stupid debate on FSC about Treadwrongs, and had to listen to a bunch of trash talk over it...but I'm in the same camp, not interested in saving money on tires, not in that way anyhow. I do my damndest to avoid tires from any kind of suspect origin - retreads regardless of the process, and NEW tires from third-world countries like China, Korea, India, etc. I'm not BS'ing, even when I bought my 300 SRT8 it had BRAND NEW "Accelera" tires, which are Indian. I mean literally brand new. I took them off and installed new BFG Sport Comp 2's, and sold the Acceleras on craigslist. Buh-bye...

Richard[/QUOTE]

Same here I was hesitant on buying my falkens

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Years ago I got into some big stupid debate on FSC about Treadwrongs, and had to listen to a bunch of trash talk over it...but I'm in the same camp, not interested in saving money on tires, not in that way anyhow. I do my damndest to avoid tires from any kind of suspect origin - retreads regardless of the process, and NEW tires from third-world countries like China, Korea, India, etc. I'm not BS'ing, even when I bought my 300 SRT8 it had BRAND NEW "Accelera" tires, which are Indian. I mean literally brand new. I took them off and installed new BFG Sport Comp 2's, and sold the Acceleras on craigslist. Buh-bye...

Richard
I think I saw that thread when researching TW's.

Frambukie

Reaction score
This is why I would never take a risk/bet on the ONLY thing that mats my truck to the road, WHY would you ever take this risk?

Sure on a mud/farm truck who cares, but on your DD and something you haul people, family, kids around in, cheap out on a CAI or cheap muffler, but not tires.

Seems like you got fairly lucky with how they handled it, I bet this happens a lot with them and being retreads they can't be as liable as a new tire manufacturer.

I know I hear Ya, I learned my lesson. I think I'm gonna spring for the dick cepek fun country's. That's what I wanted originally.

The way Treadwright makes themselves look is that they are an honest American company made in America by Americans. I spent 8 years as a navy Seabee and they frequently offer military discounts.

Ahh the wonders of marketing I feel like a dummy but I've always said truck me once shame on you trick me twice shame on me lol

Frambukie

Reaction score
Got BFG ko2s mounted last night. I love em so far.

Been trying to call Treadwright all day to schedule pick up today but no answer. Maybe everyone's off for thanksgiving...
You must be registered for see images attach