Treadwright Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
What was the finalization of the treadwrights? Returned and refunded?

edit: nvm, missed the line next to the pic.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I haven't been super happy with mine either. However, I didn't balance mine according to Treadwrights directions. Mine were balanced dynamically, like normal.....by a truck tire shop. One pair wore out of round, after getting a diagonal pattern in them. I finally contacted them after the warranty ended, to try to get some help determining what was going on, so I didn't ruin another set of tires that I would likely have purchased from them. My inquiry was met with rude dismissal by email, and very polite but empty promises through Facebook.

My tires were purchased before the sale/move to Texas, but by the time I contacted them with my problems, I was talking to the new Treadwright.

I knew they moved, but I didn't know they actually changed ownership until the other day, when I found this article. http://www.tirebusiness.com/article...adwright-under-new-ownership-moves-to-houston

Frambukie

Reaction score
Tried to get ahold of them 3 times today, left another voicemail.

Trying to send these 4 tires back, they are still holding my money until they can "inspect the tires" they told me that will only take a week and a half once they receive them...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ya know, Gov Perry sure did a lot of work to get businesses to relocate to Texas for our favorable business climate - too bad it sounds like some shady ones came, too. As stated before I've never been a fan of retreads/recaps/any kind of remanufactured tires, but it does sound like many used to be happy with Treadwright until their recent move and apparent change of ownership.

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
They've been playing around with free and reduced shipping..... today they just announced free shipping on everything, but increased tires prices beforehand. The tires I was looking at are now about $12 more expensive per tire than they were yesterday before the "Free" promotion.

Frambukie

Reaction score
So here's the latest after leaving a voicemail on the warranty line everyday last week and one again yesterday I decided to call and press the extension for placing a new order.

Of course this time someone picks up. I told her that I needed to schedule the call tags for fed ex to come get the tires.

She tries to get ahold of the warranty department and says she can't get anyone either. I asked her if they were all off for the holiday all week last week and she said "no they have just been really busy"

So she offers to type them an email for me which I thought was cool of her. She basically sent them an email with my contact info stating that I have been trying to get ahold of them. This woman was actually very helpful and pleasant.

About 3 hours later a different woman calls my cell. She told me that they had my tires and they were just waiting for them to pass inspection before they process my refund...

So I tell her that's impossible because the tires are in the bed of my truck as we speak. So she said she was going to schedule pick up for the tires the following day and she would call me back on my cell to confirm.

Of course she never called me back and in not going to assume she actually did anything so I'm gonna have to call them again today and make sure these tires are getting picked up.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
About 3 hours later a different woman calls my cell. She told me that they had my tires and they were just waiting for them to pass inspection before they process my refund...

After that, i would have ended up with a refund and a good set of tires to put on a trail only rig lol

Frambukie

Reaction score
Ok well sorry to keep dragging this thread out lol just wanted to let everyone know I finally got them to pick up the tires on 12/02. Tracking said they were delivered on 12/08. I got the refund on my card today 12/19.

It took me about a week of leaving voicemails in their warranty line until I finally had someone from the new orders department write them and email for me.

If nothing else, this was a good learning experience to not buy tires over the Internet and not to buy retreads lol.

I ended up with the new BFG AT2s and their pretty awesome, almost no weight to balance, great off road and they are dead silent on paved roads.

I apreciate everyone's comments and input on this thread. Hope yall have a great Christmas and New Years!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience.I bought a set just to get me through the year. I only drive about 20 miles a day and rarely get over 45-50mph so they worked out for me. They were awesome when I dealt with them.. They're just across town from me. If they would have treated me like they treated you, I'd have showed up on their door step. That's horrible service