Trans slip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Yes, I drive it hard and I fully know the sort of consequences for doing that. I was just hoping to get a little more life out of it.
If anyone has any helpful info I would appreciate it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yes, I drive it hard and I fully know the sort of consequences for doing that. I was just hoping to get a little more life out of it.
If anyone has any helpful info I would appreciate it.

Don't mind him I'd just pull it and have it rebuilt

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Thanks guys, its been rebuilt once before I owned the truck, would there be any issues with rebuilding a second time?
A guy i work with is parting out a 2000 with the 5.3l, is his 4l60e the same as mine?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
No prob rebuilding it again. And idk. not real familiar with the nbs 4l60 I know the guts are the same. The wiring/shifting circuits may be different tho.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'd just rebuild it again it's not like an engine it can be rebuilt multiple times

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Engines can be rebuilt multiple times too as long as they were cared for during their life.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i'm getting a price on having it pulled, rebuilt and installed. I could pull it myself but last time I tried (a friends 97 c1500) my friend nearly ate the whole transmission.. something i'm not willing to try again..
I'm sure there is probably a safe and proper way to go about it too tho, so it will depend on cost i guess.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Today I'm dropping her off for rebuild. aprox 800 for a full rebuild (shift kit .ect as well) and 350 to drop and reinstall. hopefully then I dont have to worry about the tranmission going anymore.