Non-slip yoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctvaughn

Reaction score
Rebuilt transfer case has a rusted output shaft? I'd be jacking-up the guy who rebuilt it. This is not your problem, this is HIS problem.
Unfortunately I’m the guy who needs to get jacked up. Figured it’d be fine to run after scrubbing. Probably gonna end up paying for that mistake

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were to tap on it try a dead blow or rubber mallet so there's less chance of screwing she I it up.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
It seeks like much of the corrosion is on the transfercase output shaft. I’ve scrubbed the slip yoke pretty well and it looks good so it must not be that. Wondering if it slipping while the shaft moves back and forth when driving would just bust the surface corrosion. Getting this slip yoke on is the last thing I have to do to get this rig moving under its own power.
Pull the out shaft extension housing off, take a brush to the splines and see if the yoke will side on. It is not that big of a job to do in the truck, it's 4 bolts and some RTV.

ctvaughn

Reaction score
Pull the out shaft extension housing off, take a brush to the splines and see if the yoke will side on. It is not that big of a job to do in the truck, it's 4 bolts and some RTV.
This is what I was thinking of next too, thanks. Gonna see if I can polish it up well enough and maybe even soak it in evaporust in a bag. Will update with results

ctvaughn

Reaction score
Alright, after some more cleaning and regreasing I was finally able to tap it on with a 3lb hammer and a block of wood. Slides much easier now that it’s past the first inch. Now to hopefully finish buttoning this truck up. Thanks guys